Question about 1997 Jeep Cherokee
I would try reprogramming the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitters before looking for anything else. Make sure the batteries in the RKE transmitters are good and replace them if in doubt. Here's the procedure for programming the RKE transmitters.
Up to 4 Transmitter Identification Codes (TIC's) can be programmed into the receiver at any given time.
1. Open the driver's door of the vehicle. Leave it open through the programming procedure.
2. Move the mechanical door lock lever to the LOCK position.
3. Insert the ignition key and turn it to the RUN position.
4. Turn the ignition to the RUN position. Within 20 seconds, aim a transmitter at the receiver dome and press the lock button, for at least 5 seconds. Once the receiver accepts the programming code the driver's door will unlock.
5. Once the first transmitter has been programmed, additional transmitters (up to 4) may be programmed into the receiver. Within 20 seconds of the previous transmitter programming, move the mechanical door lock lever to the Lock position. Aim another transmitter at the receiver dome and press the LOCK button for at least 5 seconds. The door lock will cycle again.
6. To lock the programmed codes into the receiver, the ignition must be turned off and back on within 20 seconds after programming the last transmitter's code. At that time, all previous codes are erased from the module.
If the alarm still doesn't work correctly, you probably have a bad Alarm Module.
Click here also; http://www.scribd.com/doc/20110658/Keyless-Entry-System-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee
Posted on Oct 05, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 16, 2010 | 1994 BMW 7 Series
Apr 14, 2010 | 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Dec 06, 2009 | 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Jun 09, 2009 | 1997 Pontiac Sunfire
Jun 02, 2009 | 2007 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer EL
Apr 08, 2009 | 1994 BMW 3 Series
Jan 01, 2009 | 1997 Lexus ES 300
Nov 14, 2008 | 1996 Ford Explorer
429 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: