Question about 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: 2000 oldsmobile Intrigue V6
This could be a # of problems but try these: Remove gas cap and carefully inspect it and the fuel filler neck for small cracks and/or distortion/dirt. Under the hood there is a small green cap which is the test port for the evap system, remove it and check the schrader valve to be sure its tight ( left hand threads!!!). Check all hoses attached to this for cracks/breaks.Other than this a diagnostic will have to be ran with a smoke machine to pin point leaks or valve/switch/solenoid/canister failure.
Posted on Jan 14, 2009
The lights are indicating you have an ABS brake control failure.
There are only a couple of things to look at. Check the ABS fuse in the under hood fuse box. If they are OK, take the car to your local Auto Zone or Advanced Auto store and get the codes pulled, they will do it at no charge. Write the codes down and reply.
We will go from there.
Posted on Mar 09, 2009
How do you remove door panels and replace window regulator on an Intrigue?
Answer : For a 2002 Intrigue – Front Passenger
I didn’t disconnect battery. You use window switch later to align window tabs to regulator frame – with ignition off power locks work, nothing is exposed.
1. Remove visible screw under armrest, pop out finger inset oval panel, remove exposed 2nd screw. 2. Pop off door handle trim – lock button assembly slide thru its hole in door panel. 3. Pop off window switch trim/holder – slide thru its hole in door panel. 4. Remove 2 slot screws under bottom of door.
5. I used a smooth metal letter opener (or old fork) to pry panel from door at each point plastic fasteners insert into metal. Start prying a little, see three on bottom perimeter two inches from edge. Three on door open edge and three on door hinge edge. Slow and easy = whole panel will pop off. A metal compression spring fastener connects at top door hinge edge trim – pry out. Be sure door lock and window switch remain inside. Clean all surfaces of door panel and lay on back seat.
6. With panel off you see clear plastic moisture sheet stuck to door with black rubbery paste - peel it from door for reattachment. You now see mechanism and fastener points. Lay out replacement window regulator and motor on mat by door to help you recognize fastening points, etc.
7. Carefully pull glass all way up and hold in place with two pieces duck tape two feet long with ¼# removal tabovers. Put a foot on outside glass and loop over door frame a foot to inside glass – with room to later redo when you twice lower and raise a foot to access bolts removing/attaching it to regulator bar.
8. Remove 3 bolts holding motor to door. 9. Remove upper 2 bolts and lower 2 bolts holding regulator frame to door.
10. Lower window to expose thru panel cutout area two bolts holding glass tabs to regulator, retape securely. Remove bolts, raise window, retape securely by looping over door frame.
11. Window regulator and motor assembly comes out as unit. Unplug window switch tab to release from motor. BEFORE reassembly clean the inside of the door, put in a little Borax for bugs, etc.
12. Reassemble by starting three motor bolts, fitting regulator assembly in door cavity. Replug window switch, motor can be placed in thru oval slots, leave all bolts loose. Replace two upper and two lower regulator bracket bolts, leave loose.
13. Turn on ignition, use window switch to lower window glass regulator tab bracket until accessible thru panel cutout. Turn off ignition, manually lower glass until tabs align with regulator bracket bolt holes and tighten these bolts. Take tape off, turn on ignition, raise window to top.
14. Tighten three motor bolts and four regulator bracket bolts, make sure alignment is OK. Remove your tape residue - clean goo from both glass sides with Goof Off. THEN raise and lower several times to assure all fits and works like new.
15. Reinstall clear plastic sheet, aligning any fastener holes and rubbing down perimeter with a cloth .
16. Align door panel, assure door lock and window switch are pulled thru. Visually align each tab on door opening side and pop them in one at a time. Continue on bottom – make sure you see them align or they will break. Finish on door hinge side and with metal fastener at top. IF you break a fastener, take one from small bag you bought from Pep boys - otherwise take bag back for refund…
17. Reinstall 2 armrest screws and 2 bottom panel screws, then pop in door lock, trim piece and window switch.
Clean the window inside and out with glass cleaner/polish/raineze so it will slide easily and your done. You can’t do anything about the motors going out. You can avoid regulator tab breaks by making sure the window is raised BEFORE closing those big doors – down is the weak moment!! I work slow and clean as I go, the job took two hours. I highly recommend partsgeek.com – saved a bundle over dealer and they shipped everything in several days – as ordered!
Posted on Aug 29, 2009
2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue V6-214 3.5L VIN H SFI
Spark Plug: Service and Repair
J 43094 Spark Plug Boot Puller
1. Turn OFF the ignition switch.
2. Remove the ignition coil assembly.
3. Use the J 43094 in order to remove the spark plug boots from the spark plugs.
NOTE: Allow the engine to cool before removing the spark plugs. Attempting to remove the spark plugs from a hot engine may cause the plug
threads to seize causing damage to cylinder head threads.
NOTE: Clean the spark plug recess area before removing the spark plug. Failure to do so could result in engine damage because of dirt or
foreign material entering the cylinder head, or by the contamination of the cylinder head threads. The contaminated threads may prevent the
proper seating of the new plug. Use a thread chaser to clean the threads of any contamination.
4. Remove the spark plugs from the engine.
NOTE: Use only the spark plugs specified for use in the vehicle. Do not install spark plugs that are either hotter or colder than those specified for the
vehicle. Installing spark plugs of another type can severely damage the engine.
NOTE: Check the gap of all new and reconditioned spark plugs before installation. The pre-set gaps may have changed during handling. Use a round
feeler gage to ensure an accurate check. Installing the spark plugs with the wrong gap can cause poor engine performance and may even damage the
1. Measure the spark plug gap on the spark plugs to be installed. Compare the measurement to the gap specifications. Refer to Spark Plug Usage.
Correct as necessary.
NOTE: Be sure that the spark plug threads smoothly into the cylinder head and the spark plug is fully seated. Use a thread chaser, if necessary,
to clean threads in the cylinder head. Cross-threading or failing to fully seat the spark plug can cause overheating of the plug, exhaust blow-by, or
NOTE: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.
2. Install the spark plugs to the engine.
Tighten the spark plug to 20 N.m (15 lb ft).
3. Install the spark plug boots to the ignition coil assembly.
4. Install the ignition coil assembly.
Posted on Sep 13, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 26, 2014 | 2000 Oldsmobile Silhouette
Feb 03, 2013 | 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue
May 11, 2011 | 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue
Dec 08, 2010 | 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
Aug 17, 2010 | 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue
May 27, 2010 | 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue
Jan 28, 2010 | 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue
Jul 16, 2009 | 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue
Jul 05, 2009 | 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
87 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!