Question about Nissan Pathfinder
1. Drive the front wheels up on ramps. Set the parking brake, block the rear wheels.
2. Disconnect the battery ground (negative) cable.
3. Get under the car, behind the right front wheel. Look up, the starter should be on the side of the engine where it meets the transmission. It is a cylinder about four to six inches in diameter and about a foot long, with one or more wires attached to it.
4. Remove the wire(s). One is a big cable, like a battery cable, bolted to a stud on the side of the starter.
5. Remove the bolts that connect to the starter to the transmission (bellhousing), at the back of the starter. Sometimes there is another bolt near the front. Careful, it is really heavy. Gently lower the starter down and remove it from under the car.
6. Reverse the above steps to install the new starter.
Posted on Oct 04, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 04, 2017 | Nissan Pathfinder Cars & Trucks
Dec 03, 2015 | Nissan Cars & Trucks
Sep 19, 2015 | Nissan Cars & Trucks
Oct 11, 2011 | 1995 Nissan Pathfinder
Mar 09, 2011 | 1995 Nissan Pathfinder
Apr 14, 2010 | 1995 Nissan Pathfinder
Jan 15, 2009 | 1995 Nissan Pathfinder
81 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: