Question about 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan
Hi! The problem will be on the door actuator itself. The actuator is the motor you just removed. You will need to replace the motor to get the locks working normally again. HOpe this helps and thank you for using FixYa!
Posted on Oct 03, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 06, 2017 | 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan
Jul 16, 2014 | 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan
1. Remove the watershield. (Refer to 23 - BODY/DOOR - FRONT/WATERSHIELD - REMOVAL)
2. Remove door glass retaining clips and secure the window in the up position using masking tape or equivalent(FRONT DOOR GLASS CLIPS).
3. Disconnect wire connector from power window motor, if equipped.
4. Loosen screws attaching front and rear window guide rails to inner door panel (FRONT DOOR MANUAL WINDOW REGULATOR - TYPICAL).
5. Remove screw heads on guide rails from key hole slots in inner door panel.
6. Loosen screws attaching regulator to inner door panel.
7. Remove regulator from inner door panel.
8. Extract rear guide rail through inner door panel rear access hole (FRONT DOOR POWER WINDOW - TYPICAL).
9. Extract front guide rail through front access hole.
1. Insert front guide rail through front access hole.
2. Insert rear guide rail through rear access hole.
3. Place window regulator in position on inner door panel.
4. Place screw heads on guide rails in position through key hole slots in inner door panel.
5. Tighten screws to attach front and rear guide rails to inner door panel.
6. Connect wire connector into power window motor, if equipped.
7. Install door glass.
8. Verify door glass alignment and operation.
9. Install sound shield and door trim panel
DIAGRAMS CAN BE FOUND ON JUSTANSWER,COM
Sep 02, 2012 | 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan
Fig. Removing the trim panel to access the rear blower motor
Fig. The rear blower motor is held in place by four screws
Nov 01, 2010 | 2000 Dodge Caravan
Jul 11, 2010 | 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan
Jan 17, 2010 | 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan
Aug 18, 2009 | Dodge Grand Caravan Cars & Trucks
Jan 06, 2009 | 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan
Oct 27, 2008 | 2005 Dodge Caravan
Apr 26, 2015 | 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan
52 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!