Question about 1994 GMC Sonoma
I hear you!
Bad input = Bad output
Start testing the computer inputs -
1) Air Charge Sensor (Resistance measurement - OHM meter needed)
2) Coolant Temp Sensor (Resistance measurement - OHM meter needed)
3) Crankshaft Sensor (Test procedures off the ignition amplifier)
4) Detonation Knock Sensor (This can cause your symptoms if there are any rattles in the motor or exhaust pipe - like a loose heat shield or bracket causing the rattle will be picked up by the knock sensor - which in turn retards the timing causing a stumble and hesitation)
5) MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) Sensor (make sure the plug contacts to it AND all of your other inputs are not corroded - also check the vacuum line going to the MAP and make sure there are no leaks, cracks....)
6) O2 Sensor (Would normally show up on computer as needing replacement - not always though )
7) Throttle Position Sensor (this is a variable resistor, which can and does get wear spots on it - sending incorrect voltages to computer causing your stated symptoms too. A good analog meter would be nice to test this. engine off, key on - You can tap into the voltage side and watch the needle carefully while slowly opening throttle to wide - and back to close. If the needle on the meter moves smoothly from one side to the other without and dips or jerking motions, then the TPS is fine - of course the voltages need to be within parameters)
You can find all of the testing procedures and vehicle specific data at alldatadiy.com
Posted on Oct 03, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 08, 2013 | GMC Cars & Trucks
Apr 04, 2011 | GMC Sierra Cars & Trucks
Mar 20, 2011 | 1997 Ford Expedition
Oct 02, 2010 | 1994 GMC Sonoma
Mar 21, 2010 | 2003 Mazda MPV
Mar 04, 2010 | 2004 Volkswagen Passat
Jul 10, 2017 | 1996 GMC Sierra
Oct 25, 2009 | 1996 GMC Sierra
Jul 30, 2008 | 1994 Honda Accord
350 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: