Question about 1995 Dodge Neon
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Did this on my 2002 Stratus 2.4L. I agree with other poster, you do have to remove the passenger tire and wheel wall to do it, but the tensioner travels clockwise.
Note: I offer this solely as a description of how I accomplished the task on my vehicle. It should not be taken as me advising anyone else in any way on how or whether they manage to repair their own vehicles.
1) Engaged parking brake, loosened lugs on passenger front tire.
2) Jacked-up and placed jack-stand.
3) Removed piece of black under-carriage which surrounds the oil filter and attaches to front bumper. There are at least 10 plastic push-pins to remove and I managed to destroy half of them in the process.
4) Positoned belt over lower pulleys and tensioner (as best as possible) then used a bungee to hold the top end of belt up while I worked under the car.
5) Used a 3/8 ratchet and inserted into square hole attached to the tensioner, disengaged the tensioner (moves clockwise) then used a brace to keep the ratchet handle in that position.
6) From top, removed bungee and finished placing belt over alternator, checked the position of entire belt, reengaged the tensioner, and replaced wall and wheel.
Posted on Sep 01, 2009
As hard as it was for me to believe it, Dodge uses Mopart ATF+4 Automatic Transmission Fluid in its Manual transmissions. I just read it in the owner’s manual and I’m still shaking my head.
Posted on Feb 16, 2010
The Power Steering pressure switch is mounted in the pressure line between the steering gear and the power steering pump.
Posted on Mar 03, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 26, 2016 | 2004 Dodge Neon
Apr 12, 2015 | 2005 Dodge Neon SXT
Dec 12, 2012 | 2000 Dodge Neon
Feb 21, 2010 | 2000 Dodge Neon
Nov 10, 2009 | 2005 Dodge Neon
Dec 10, 2008 | 1996 Dodge Neon
Nov 20, 2008 | 1996 Dodge Neon
332 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: