Question about 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee
The interior door panel removal.
REMOVAL Thanks. keep updated for any more query.you can rate this solution
and show your appreciation.
1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
2. Remove the bezel near the inside door latch release handle by inserting a straight-bladed screwdriver in the notched end and prying gently upwards.
Front Door Trim Panel Remove/Install
3. Remove the door trim panel mounting screw located in the bezel opening near the inside door latch release handle.
4. Remove the trim cap and screw near the rear of the door armrest.
5. Remove the trim cap and screw at the upper front corner of the trim panel.
6. Using a wide flat-bladed tool such as a trim stick, pry the trim panel away from the door around the perimeter and remove the trim panel.
NOTE: To aid in the removal of the trim panel, start at the bottom of the panel.
7. Unplug the wire harness connectors from the door module and set the trim panel aside.
8. Pull the watershield away from the rear access holes in the inner door panel.
9. Remove the U-clip retainer that secures the lock cylinder to the outer door panel.
10. Disconnect the lock cylinder rod from the door latch by unsnapping the retainer from the rod.
Door Disarm Switch
11 Pull the lock cylinder out from the outer door panel far enough to pry the lock cylinder switch off of the back of the lock cylinder.
12. Unplug the lock cylinder switch wire harness connector and remove the switch from inside the door.
13. Reverse the removal procedures to install. ----------- You can remove the inner door panels to access components inside the door:----Roll the window all the way down. If your Jeep has manual windows, remove the window-crank handle. Slide a crank-handle removal tool between the crank handle and the door panel, pushing the C-clip out from the back of the handle. Pull the handle straight off the shaft. Locate the four retaining screws from the door panel. There are three in the armrest, two in the face of it and in the top, and one in the trim bezel behind the inside door handle. Pull the inner door handle as if you were opening the door and slide the trim bezel off over it. Set the bezel aside to avoid damage to it. Move to the bottom edge of the door panel and pry the panel loose using a trim stick or flat pry bar.Pull the panel out about one-half inch and lift it up and off the top of the door. If you have electric windows or locks, reach behind the panel, then unplug the wiring-harness connector from the window and lock switches. Lift the panel away from the door and set it aside.---------
Thanks. keep updated for any more query.you can rate this solution
and show your appreciation.
Posted on Oct 03, 2010
What trim level is the Jeep?
Posted on Oct 02, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 13, 2011 | 1997 Mercury Cougar XR7
Sep 17, 2008 | 1999 Honda Civic
Apr 26, 2010 | 2003 Hyundai Tiburon
Feb 03, 2010 | 2003 Honda Pilot
Sep 27, 2009 | 1995 Ford Thunderbird
Jun 09, 2009 | 2003 Cadillac Escalade Esv
Jun 02, 2009 | 2005 Ford Freestyle
May 04, 2009 | 2005 Scion xB
Mar 22, 2009 | 2004 Lincoln LS
56 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: