Question about 1998 Audi A4
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must have the security anti-theft code for yours 1998 Audi radio from the car manufacturer!
The sequence of programming is:
1. Push simultaneous "SCAN" and "RDS" keys until on the screen will appear "1000" displayed.
2. Release keys. No more push on "SCAN" and "RDS" keys because otherwise number "1000" will be considered as first safe code attempt.
3. By the #1 key you will set up the first safe code digit.
4. By the #2 key you will set up the second safe code digit.
5. By the #3 key you will set up the third safe code digit.
6. By the #4 key you will set up the four-th safe code digit.
7. Then push again simultaneous "SCAN" and "RDS" keys for confirm this safe code. On the screen will be displayed "SAFE" notice. Release keys! For few seconds a radio frequence will be displayed. The radio is now ready for use!
Posted on Oct 01, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Turn on radio - the word SAFE will appear in the display. Press th P.SCAN and RBDS buttons simultaneously and hold them down until "1000" lights up in the display.Release buttons.Do not, under no circumtances, continue holding them down or press them once again. Use station buttons 1,2,3,and 4 to enter the code number from your Radio Card. Use the button 1 to enter the first number 2 for the second number 3 for the third number and 4 for the last number.Once you have entered the code and it shows on the display,press the P.SCAN and RBDS buttons down again simultaneously and hold them down until the word SAFE appears in the display.Release buttons. Soon afterwards a frequency will be displayed.
Posted on Feb 15, 2009
SOURCE: SAFE CODE FOR AUDI A4 2001
There are 3 ways to solve this.
1) call Audi USA and provide them with info on your car and request the code number.
2) If you know someone that knows how to open up the stereo radio system. The code is labeled on the inside.
3) this is a last resort option, the option I had to go through. You can take it to a certified Audi dealership and have them go into the radio system and get the code. However I had to pay $145.00 for this service.
Just know that everytime you disconnect the battery in the engine this is gonna happen so be sure to save your code or provide it to to Audi USA for records.
Posted on Mar 14, 2009
sorry to say, you will need to take it in, it needs to be hooked up to their computer to reset and have it start up poperly. It just like a pc when it crash it will try to start in safe mode until you select "Normal" start up
Posted on Oct 13, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 15, 2014 | 2000 Audi A4
Jan 08, 2011 | 2001 Audi A4
Apr 16, 2010 | 2000 Audi A4
Feb 27, 2010 | 1999 Audi A4
Feb 27, 2010 | 1999 Audi A4
Oct 27, 2009 | 2001 Audi A4
Sep 17, 2009 | 2000 Audi A4
Mar 24, 2009 | 1999 Audi A4
Jan 02, 2009 | 1998 Audi A4
743 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: