Question about 1997 Volvo S90
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: key fob will not undo
If you don't have one that works for the vehicle now, you'll have to take it to your local dealer to have it programmed to the vehicle. Some will charge for this, some will do it at no charge.
If you do have a remote that is programmed and working for the vehicle, then the following steps will allow you to program another remote:
1. Enter vehicle and close all doors.
2. Put seatbelt on (or clip it into the buckle) to shut the warning buzzer off.
3. Put key in ignition, turn to run position but don't start it.
4. Press and hold the unlock button on the working key fob and hold for 4 seconds, then also press the panic button.
5. Release both buttons and you should hear a single chime to indicate it is in program mode. You have 30 seconds after the chime to program any additional remotes you want to program.
6. Press and release both the unlock and lock buttons simultaneously on the remote you are programming. You should hear another single chime.
7. Within 4 seconds after hearing the chime, press either lock or unlock button on remote that you are programming.
Posted on Oct 16, 2008
actually your car has to have keyless entry, it's part of the alarm system that is given you problems. I had a similar issue with my 87 camery, sounds like they still haven't fixed it in 96.. anyway the fix was for me to take the VIN number over to my local dealer dish out about 35 bucks and get the remote control unit for the alarm system. That also gives you keyless entry :).. So for 35 bucks it was well worth the investment.
In order to disable the alarm there should be a red or black button under the streering colum to left side. You must put the ignition in the run position, and then hold this button for thirty seconds it should disable the alrm until you repeat that procedure.
Posted on Dec 30, 2008
SOURCE: pt cruiser disable alarm
battery of car is zapped of energy...not sure if alarm system to blame, after driving it for a few minutes..clock and radio display lights turn off, horn can barely be heard...sometimes, motor shuts down completely. have had to put in 2 new batteries in just a matter of 2 months?...any idea what this may be?
Posted on Feb 22, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 20, 2017 | Volvo Cars & Trucks
Jun 10, 2015 | 2003 Mercury Mountaineer
Aug 05, 2011 | 2007 Volvo V40
May 17, 2010 | 1998 Volvo S90
Mar 28, 2010 | 2001 Daewoo Nubira
Feb 28, 2010 | 2004 Hyundai Tiburon
Oct 29, 2009 | 2002 Volvo S40
179 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!