Question about Toyota Paseo
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: como colocar el tiempo de
Saludos, sugiero usar algun traductor para resolver estos detalles, obtenidos de un Boletin Tecnico de Servicio (TSB = Technical Service Bulletin)
A couple things you may want to be aware of, before getting too deep into this one:
(1) There is a factory recall under which the timing belt and sometimes tensioner components are replaced on this vehicle. you may want to check with the dealer to see if yours is still under an open recall for this; if so, they will replace the timing belt and any necessary related components for free. The recall is #01L002000 (description follows):
This is not a safety defect in accordance with the Safety Act. However, it is deemed a safety improvement campaign by the agency.
Vehicle Description: 1998-2000 Rodeo (UE) and Amigo (UA) models equipped with 2.2L 4-cylinder engines. The timing belt could break before the recommended scheduled maintenance.
This condition could cause the engine to crank but will not start or the engine could stall while driving and will not restart.
Dealer will inspect the vehicle to determine the condition of the timing belt and tensioner. The dealer will replace the timing belt. Depending on the condition or model of the timing belt tensioner, the tensioner may also be replaced. Isuzu has decided to conduct a Service Campaign to replace the timing belt. Owners can contact Isuzu at 1-800-643-4070, ext. 426, concerning this program
Second, there is a revised procedure involved in indexing the camshafts during timing belt replacement. This is most likely not detailed in your Haynes manual, but is outlined in an Isuzu service bulletin. Here is the procedure as described in the TSB:
BULLETIN NUMBER: IB00-S005
ISSUE DATE: FEBRUARY 2000
3.5L V6 DOHC (6VE1) / 3.2L V6 DOHC (6VD1) ENGINES: TIMING BELT INSTALLATION
AFFECTED VEHICLES: The following models equipped with "Direct Attack" DOHC 3.2L / 3.5L V6 engine:
^ 1998-2000 Rodeo (UE)/ Amigo(UA)
^ 1998-2000 Trooper (UX)
^ 1999-2000 VehiCROSS (VX)
This information bulletin outlines the proper steps to index the camshafts with the crankshaft. In the event that camshaft timing has been disrupted, due to timing belt breakage or camshafts/crankshaft being rotated without a timing belt, this is important prior to timing belt installation. Due to the gear-ratio used by each camshaft pulley to drive the camshafts, engine timing cannot be indexed conventionally.
IMPORTANT: In the following procedures, the references to 9 or 12 O'clock positions are based on deck plane of the cylinder deck-to-cylinder head mating surface (as viewed from the front of the engine), and NOT RELATIVE TO THE SHOP FLOOR.
1. In the event that camshaft timing has been disrupted, due to timing belt breakage or camshafts/crankshaft being rotated without a timing belt, please proceed to Step 2. Otherwise, continue with Step 22 for timing belt servicing procedures. (after removal of front timing belt covers as outlined in the appropriate Workshop Manual).
2. After cylinder head servicing as outlined in the appropriate Workshop manual, proceed to the following steps.
3. Lubricate and install the idler gear.
4. Inspect the idler gear retaining cover for wear.
NOTE: There is a 0.039 lubrication hole drilled into the idler gear retaining cover. Always inspect this hole for obstruction.
IMPORTANT: Do not use a liquid gasket material on the idler retaining cover. Always replace the retaining cover with a new 0-ring. Be sure to lubricate the 0-ring prior to installation.
5. Install the idler cover and torque (10 Nm, 8 lb ft) the 6 mm bolts
6. Align the right bank idler shaft alignment marks.
IMPORTANT: Align the idler gear dowel pin to its corresponding mark on the idler gear retaining cover before installing the camshafts
7. Use special J-tool to pre-load the sub gear assembly.
NOTE: Use special J-tool J-42686. Once the sub-gear has been pre-loaded, install the 5 mm bolt supplied with the tool and insert it into the camshaft from the back of the camshaft gear assembly. Tighten the bolt to lock the sub-gear in place.
IMPORTANT: When the sub gear is pre loaded, the teeth on the sub gear should be aligned with the teeth on the camshaft gear.
8. Install the odd bank camshaft(s) into the cylinder head.
NOTE: Before installing the camshafts, pre-lube the cam lobes using a suitable molybdenum assembly grease
IMPORTANT: The single dot on the camshaft gears must be aligned with their corresponding marks on the idler gear. Also, do not remove the 5mm bolt holding the sub-gear, until the camshaft journal caps are installed and the bolts are torqued.
9. Install the camshaft journal retaining caps and torque (10 Nm, 8 lb ft).
IMPORTANT: The camshaft journal caps are numbered to prevent mis-matching. However, pay close attention when installing the caps on the odd bank cylinders. because the cap arrows will face the front of the cylinder head.
10. Place a small amount of RTV sealer on the head surface where the cap contacts the head surface.
11. Repeat Steps 3-5 for even bank cylinders.
12. Align the left bank idler shaft marks (Refer to figure 3).
13. Pre-load the sub-gear assemblies (Refer to figure 4).
14. Install the even bank camshafts and pre-lube the cam lobes using a suitable molybdenum assembly grease (Refer to figure 5).
15. Install the camshaft journal retaining caps and torque (10 Nm, 8 lb ft).
IMPORTANT: The camshaft journal caps are numbered to prevent mis-match mg. However, pay close attention when installing the caps on the even bank cylinders, because the cap arrows will face the rear of the cylinder head.
Posted on Aug 17, 2011
hola armando solo mandame el numero de vin del carro ke lo mas posible es ke se encuentre en la parte inferior del vidrio de enfrente del lado del chofer, y posiblemente asi te pueda ayudar,
tanvien tengo entendido ke aki en usa descontinuaron los daewood pero conosco algunos lugares donde tal vez lo puedas encontrar, como quiera ke sea mandame el vin y seguimos adelante, yo soy mexicano, buena suerte.
Posted on Jun 17, 2008
To my understanding, on an Audi A4, error code P1392 indicates camshaft sensor circuit. This could be a faulty sensor the camshafts are not correctly timed. 90s Audis are not very common in my country but from what I can gather:
The mark for the crankshaft gear is on the cover you have to remove in order to get at the timing belt. The sprocket you may be having trouble with is the intermediate shaft (in front of the water pump) and I don't believe that one matters at all since it doesn't drive any of the cams. The intake cams are driven by a chain off of the exhaust cam shaft so only the exhaust cam is driven directly by the timing belt.
Additionally, you may benefit from the Audi A4 Service Manual and/or Audi A4 Cabriolet Workshop Manual.
Hope this be of initial help/idea. Pls post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.
Good luck and kind regards. Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Aug 28, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 06, 2010 | Toyota Corolla Cars & Trucks
Jan 17, 2010 | 1989 Dodge Caravan Cargo
Oct 16, 2009 | 1994 Volkswagen Jetta
Apr 30, 2009 | 2003 Ford Ranger Regular Cab
Sep 14, 2008 | 2006 Ford Explorer
Jun 17, 2008 | 1999 Daewoo Leganza
136 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: