An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.
Re: Is is the battery or do I have more of a problem?
Check the voltage across the Battery if it is less than Rated voltage it defective get it replaced if its under warranty or get a new one , if the battery is fine the start unit may be defective get it serviced.
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sounds like a typical failure caused by corrosion at the battery terminals or the terminating ends at the chassis (negative) ground point, the starter or starter solenoid.
To clean these, always disconnect the NEGATIVE battery terminal first and re-connect it last.
If you already haven't lost it, your alarm system and radio may not be accessible without reentering one- check before disconnecting.
A simple device available at parts stores that uses a 9 Volt block battery can protect against this loss for hours.
Look at the attached AMAZON item (WD40... below)...
(old time remedy for wet weather issues... DIRTY & CRACKED
distributor caps... Spray on WD40 and wipe dry with VERY clean cloth or tissues only)).
It sounds like you might have a couple of troubles...
When having electrical issues... always start with your BATTERY CABLES & TERMINALS first... (clean & tight) and CERTAINLY
use these red/green FELT battery washers under each CLEANED terminal... 1 16 of 18 results for felt battery washers
"Hesitating STARTER" could be corroded battery terminals..
but could ALSO be a STARTER/SOLENOID trouble.
Do check that ALL bolts & fittings are tight and clean
(while you have the BATTERY DISCONNECTED....
(caution: very dangerous if you cross BAT & GROUND)).
Put the battery onto a battery charger. It sounds like the cold cranking amps capacity of your battery is low. Starting a car that is cold and sat, is ******* the battery. The next cranking is easier and the oil has been moved and things are now lubricated. That car should be on its third battery for a 2003, and I bet it is the second. You are looking at a new battery every 5 to 7 years depending on make and how it was looked after.
You can also make sure that the battery terminals and clamps are clean and not oxidised. Make sure you keep power to the system, with using a battery charger or use a length of wire wrapped around the battery terminal and the battery lead, otherwise you will have to re-pair the chips in the antitheft system.
I had the same problem I replaced the battery terminal it worked fine for sometime and it started giving same problem after sometime I cleaned the battery rod and terminal with water mixed with baking soda it works fine. Hope this will help you
Sounds like a dirty battery to me, the terminals have to be clean, and the battery has to be good, the starter has to be in good shape, or it will hesitate, get the battery checked out first. Clean the terminals, contacts, posts, everything, wire brush, bolt it down tight. Get the voltage checked, get the electrolyte fluid checked. One dead cell, battery is shot. Hope this helps.
dont remove it if your radio has a thing called theftlock or youll have to take the car to a certified GM dealer to get the radio unlocked but you can still clean it with a cup of baking soda and warm water mixed and scrub it with an old toothbrush