Question about 1992 Ford F150 SuperCab
It sounds like it could be a few different things. I would check is to do a diagnostic on the computer to see if there is a problem with any of the injectors. Then I would test the egr,map and oxygen sensor. BUT THE FIRST THING I WOULD DO IS GET A GOOD INJECTOR CLEANER TO ENSURE NONE OF YOUR VALVES ARE STICKING.
Posted on Jun 02, 2008
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 04, 2015 | 1990 Volkswagen Cabriolet
Nov 06, 2014 | 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser
The engine control module (ECM) learns the idle position of the throttle plate to ensure the correct idle. Anytime the throttle body is cleaned or replaced, the ECM must learn the new throttle position. The idle may be unstable or a DTC may set if the throttle position is not learned.
Conditions for Running the Throttle Learn Procedure
• DTCs P0101, P0102, P0103, P0107, P0108, P0111, P0112, P0113, P0506, and P0507 are not set.
• The engine speed is between 450-4,000 RPM.
• The manifold absolute pressure (MAP) is greater than 5 kPa.
• The mass air flow (MAF) is greater than 2 g/s.
• The ignition 1 voltage is greater than 10 volts.
Important: Do NOT perform this procedure if DTCs are set. Refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code
(DTC) List - Vehicle.
1. Start and idle the engine in PARK for 3 minutes.
2. With a scan tool, monitor desired and actual RPM.
3. The ECM will start to learn the new idle cells and Desired RPM should start to decrease.
4. Ignition OFF for 60 seconds.
5. Start and idle the engine in PARK for 3 minutes.
6. After the 3 minute run time the engine should be idling normal.
Important: During the drive cycle the check engine light may come on with idle speed DTCs. If idle speed codes are set, clear codes so the ECM can continue to learn.
* If the engine idle speed has not been learned the vehicle will need to be driven at
speeds above 70 km/h (44 mph) with several decelerations and extended idles.
7. After the drive cycle, the engine should be idling normally.
* If the engine idle speed has not been learned, turn OFF the ignition for 60 seconds
and repeat step 6.
8. Once the engine speed has returned to normal, clear DTCs.
Mar 04, 2014 | 1995 GMC Sierra
Dec 24, 2013 | 1986 GMC C1500
Jul 31, 2012 | 2005 Mercury Mountaineer
Jul 29, 2017 | 2005 Chevrolet Malibu
Sep 21, 2010 | 2001 Ford Taurus
Oct 18, 2009 | 2000 Hyundai Accent
Mar 25, 2009 | 2000 Nissan Xterra
Jul 05, 2014 | 1992 Ford F150 SuperCab
58 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: