Question about Toyota Camry
Does the bulb light or is it just real dim? If it is dim then it is a ground problem. If it is coming on and off fully then it has to be a broken wire somewhere. If it was shorting then it would blow the fuse. So it is going to be tough to find. Because the wire is probably broken inside the insulation. 90% of the time it is at a connection. Like where the wire goes into the socket. So I would start there.
Posted on Sep 16, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 24, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 04, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
May 25, 2014 | 2003 Toyota Camry
Apr 10, 2013 | 2003 Toyota Camry
Dec 06, 2012 | 2003 Toyota Camry
Low beam HID light goes out? http://schematicsdiagram.blogspot.com/2012/01/low-beam-hid-light-goes-out.html
----------2007 Dodge Caliber: Low Beam Headlight Not working http://technoanswers.blogspot.in/2012/06/2007-dodge-caliber-low-beam-headlight.html
-------------Chevy Tahoe: Low Beam Lamps are not working? http://technoanswers.blogspot.in/2012/04/chevy-tahoe-low-beam-lamps-are-not.html
----------2001 Chevrolet Tahoe: Both Low Beam Lamps Not Working? http://technoanswers.blogspot.in/2012/04/2001-chevrolet-tahoe-both-low-beam.html
--------------2002 Toyota Tacoma: Low Beams not working? http://technoanswers.blogspot.in/2012/04/2002-toyota-tacoma-low-beams-not.html
-----------Low beam headlights Modification? http://schematicsdiagram.blogspot.in/2012/04/low-beam-headlights-modification.html
-----------DRL and Low beams not working? http://schematicsdiagram.blogspot.in/2012/04/drl-and-low-beams-not-working.html
-----------These will help.Thanks.
Nov 25, 2012 | 2003 Volvo S80
[Information] For a 2002 Toyota Camry, the Daytime
Running Lights (DRL) operate utilizing the High Beams (inner Lamps closer to
the center of the vehicle front) at a reduced power.
[The troubleshooting process:] Review the Owner's Manual and ensure the test
configuration matches the following criteria:
1. According to the 2002 Toyota Camry Owner's Manual (Check your Owners Manual):
"The DRL system will make your headlights come on at a reduced brightness when:
The light switch s in the "DRL" position.
The ignition is on with the engine running.
The headlight switch is off.
The parking brake is released."
2. Set the Test Conditions according to Step 1 above.
3. Check the headlight bulbs to ensure they are not
burned out. If one burns out, there is a fair chance that the other would have burned
out at the same time. Replace as necessary.
In this case, if the high beams operate, the DRLs should also operate.
4. Test the system, ensuring the step 1 conditions are set. (Engine running, Multi-function Switch on Turn Signals in "DRL" position, headlight switch off (repeating what the manual says -- it should be obvious that in the "DRL" position, the headlight switch should be off / do not have the switch positioned to "High Beam"), and the Parking Brake "off").
5. If DRL lights do not work, check the engine compartment Fuse and Relay Box. there is a 5 Amp DRL fuse -- replace it with the spare. Test (step 4).
6. If it does not work, swap around or replace relays -- there are three (3). Any one of them could be bad (stuck or burned out). Test (step 4).
7. Other less likely possible issues could be that the Multi-function Switch is broken or a connection / wire is broken. [Beyond the scope of this process.]
My problem was that the test configuration did not have
the engine running and parking brake off - Step 1. Problem solved with much
thought, repetitive tests on the vehicle and going back to the basics -- what
does the Owner's Manual say and where are the applicable fuses and relays
Dec 30, 2011 | 2002 Toyota Camry
Dec 06, 2008 | 2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder
46 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: