Question about 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
i have a 2006 chevy cobalt LT..and i just replaced my oil filter today!!! after several hours of looking i finally looked on the front side of the transmission block.to the left just below the air intake system is a hard heat resistant plastic black bolt topper.it is 1 1/4" in size..i bought a 1 1/2" size and a 36mm size socket torque wrench..both didnt work..1 1/2 was way too big, the 36mm was just slightly too big..took them back, replaced for the 1 1/4" inch socket and voila!!! is was rather difficult..you will need an extender and some good torquing to do to pop it..but once you do it will pop fine..oh, and you will need a 1/2" drive socket wrench.but the 1 1/4"inch socket..pop it onto a 1/2" drive socket wrench with the extender and you are good to go!!
Posted on Jun 10, 2008
SOURCE: How to Fit a Cabin Filter
Hiya...the cabin air filter is located below the front passenger/windshield area.
It's only accessible by standing outside the Equinox with the hood open.
Here's how to do it...(before you pop open the hood)
1) Stand outside at the front-right door area.
2) Just below the front windshield area, pull up a few small black plastic clips that's on the black windshield wiper cowl area- a small flat screwdriver or a special clip-remover tool is handy.
3) Raise the hood up.
4) There may be a triangular-shaped hard foam sound damper at the left side nearby the hood hinge...pull it off if it allow you to work around it with ease.
5) Continue to find a few black plastic clips around the black windshield wiper cowl area.
6) Gently pull up the black windshield wiper cowl cover with care not to bend it too hard during removal.
7) You should see the cabin air filter inside that's held in place by a black rectangular box inside.
8) There's 2 black tabs that holds the cabin air filter in place.
9) Insert your finger or tool to pry the cabin air filter away from the tabs.
10) Remove old cabin air filter.
Remember to reinstall the clip parts back into place when you're finished.
Posted on Jan 31, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 05, 2016 | 2006 Chevrolet Chevrolet Malibu
Apr 06, 2015 | 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer Ext
Feb 12, 2011 | 2006 Audi A6
Aug 30, 2010 | 2002 Toyota Tacoma
Jun 10, 2010 | 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt
Oct 09, 2009 | 2006 Toyota Corolla
Nov 26, 2008 | 2006 Honda Accord
52 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: