Question about 2002 Toyota Tacoma

2 Answers

I'm trying to figure out what every body else calls this part. My mechanic is calling it the "rag joint" & Toyota parts department can't figure out what I'm talking about & I can't find it listed on line. It is the round piece that is located between the steering saft & the top of the rack & pinon. Can you please tell me what it's called? 01 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner.

Posted by on

  • james bierman Sep 14, 2010

    where is the part? on the drive shaft? on the front end?



2 Answers

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 122 Answers

I believe what you are looking for is called a Steering Coupler

Posted on Sep 14, 2010

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Top Expert:

    An expert who has finished #1 on the weekly Top 10 Fixya Experts Leaderboard.


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.

  • Toyota Master
  • 79,077 Answers


Posted on Sep 14, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

Location of throttle position sensor and how to replace it 1997 toyota camry 2.2 4cylinder


At the point where the air intake hose is connected to the engine is a part called the "throttle body". the TPS is attached to the outside of the throttle body. See picture below.


Jul 05, 2012 | 1997 Toyota Camry

2 Answers

I need to get in to my $ runner. ive locked the keys inside and dont want to call a lock smith

You really don't have any other options then to call a locksmith or find someone who owns a slim jim and open it that way.A slim jim is what most police departments use to open car doors.That might be something you want to try call your local police department they might even help you out.

Mar 06, 2011 | Toyota 4Runner Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

The shifter linkage broke at the tran , its the lil plastic ball joint that broke , do i have to change the hole cable/rod r is there a way to change the plastic ball piece ??????

Call your exPontiac dealer Buicks share a lot of parts with Pontiac, call the parts department an see if they have a fix, I imagine you'll have to buy a whole new cable. You can try a bone yard but you'll end up with the same thing eventually.

Oct 14, 2010 | 2003 Pontiac Sunfire

1 Answer

Whats the price of a front bumper and grill ?

That depends, your best bet is to find a good original ones in a u-pull-it junkyard. You may even find the right color. If not there, try a regular junkyard or a aftermarket supplier for body parts but be cautious some cheap aftermarket (non original equipment) parts don't fit very well or require modification and some are just junk. Keep your receipt. Get the phone book out and call around, most junkyards will tell you if they have it and approximately how much and most will get it through their network if you want to pay the price. Call the dealership parts department just to get a base line price of what they would cost for new O.E. parts.

Feb 08, 2010 | 2002 Toyota Corolla

1 Answer

Do I have to change the lower control arm to change the ball joint in a 2003 town and country?

I know the best way to verify is to call the dealership and ask to talk to parts department. I know that you can buy the ball joints separate but they are pressed in and pressed out, not the bolt in kind. Call to verify though.

Mar 25, 2009 | 2003 Chrysler Town & Country

3 Answers

Water leaking

try this website: and the 800# is 1-800-865-4227 and you may try a toyota dealer parts department or a place that specializes in imports

Jan 25, 2009 | 1991 Toyota Camry

Not finding what you are looking for?
2002 Toyota Tacoma Logo

Related Topics:

183 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Toyota Experts


Level 3 Expert

79024 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers

Jeffrey Turcotte
Jeffrey Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

8836 Answers

Are you a Toyota Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides