Question about 2001 Pontiac Grand Am SE
Try this and if it does not work let me know.
1. Turn the ignition key to the "ON" position without starting the engine.
2. Fully press and release the accelerator pedal three times within five seconds.
3. If the CHANGE OIL SOON indicator flashes two times, or the display reads "OIL LIFE INDEX RESETTING 100%" then the system is resetting.
4. Turn the ignition key to "OFF", and then start the vehicle.
5. If the CHANGE OIL SOON indicator comes on and stays on, or CHANGE OIL SOON is displayed then the system did not reset and repeat the procedure.
1. To reset the OIL LIFE indictor if equipped with a Trip Computer, press the TRIP MODE button until the light appears next to OIL LIFE.
2. Press and hold the trip RESET button until the oil life percentage changes to 99%.
Posted on Sep 14, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 03, 2011 | 2003 Oldsmobile Alero
How to Reset the Change Oil Light
After changing the engine oil, the system must be reset.
With the ignition key to ON, push the RESET button
located in the driver's side instrument panel fuse block. The
CHANGE OIL light will start to flash, press and hold the
RESET button again. The reset is complete when you hear
the chimes sound and the CHANGE OIL light goes out.
Oct 25, 2010 | 2000 Oldsmobile Alero
May 14, 2010 | 1999 Buick LeSabre
Feb 15, 2010 | 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited...
Aug 14, 2009 | 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited...
Jul 10, 2009 | 2006 Isuzu Ascender
Mar 03, 2009 | 2006 Ford Explorer
Nov 02, 2008 | 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix
Oct 15, 2008 | 2006 Ford Explorer
Jul 10, 2015 | 2001 Pontiac Grand Am SE
534 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: