Question about 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
This is how to replace it on a 1996 Blazer 4dr.
First, go buy the part you need at Rockauto. The link is for a 1996, but make sure you order it for your vehicle. Just do a search for a Window Actuator Rod Retainer. Rock Auto requires you order a pair of these, so make sure you order two. Each one has two of them in there so you will have 3 extras.
Window Actuator Rod Retainers - RockAuto.com
To open the window in the mean time while you are waiting for the part, do the following.
1. Remove the two screws on the door handle so you can pull back the door panel.
2. Pull back panel on top in the middle where it rises.
3. Reach in with a screw driver or your fingers to push down the lever. It's a metal piece on the left side against the wall to the inside of the blazer.
4. Open window and tailgate and remove screws on the sides of the tailgate. There is one on each side. Make sure it is the one fartest out and on the plastic panel.
5. Once the screws are removed, pull up on half the panel that is farthest out from the truck. Slide out away from the truck. The panel should come off with a little effort. Do not pull up on the panel closest to the truck, you will break the hooks that hold it in. I broke two on mine. The panel will slide away from the truck pretty easily.
6. Remove the screws holding the middle metal panel down. There are about 12 screws. They are the 9/32 socket screws.
7. Pull the metal panel up, first dislodge the metal poles connected to the two white clips on each side in the center of the panel.
8. You will now see your actuator with the broken blue clip.
9. Pop off the blue retainer from the actuator. This will take some effort but it will pop off. (here's where you can replace the actuator if it's not making a sound)
10. Place one end of the retainer into the loose metal piece that rotates (left arrow in third picture) and then pop the other end back on to the actuator.
11. Replace the metal panel and clip the poles back into the white clips.
12. Make sure your door handle rod is clipped into the lock before you close the tailgate. If not, you have to work at opening it again by sliding you arm down between the plastic panel and it's not easy.
13. Replace everything. Before you close the door, make sure the door handle works and make sure the actuator is connected.
14. You should now be able to use your tailgate window again!
I am taking a guess your trying to remove the tailgate panel to fix this problem???
Posted on Dec 23, 2009
Hi: the hatch release is not a motor it is a solenoid, you should hear just a click. If wipers and door locks not working check under the hood in the power distribution box for the 3 Amp fuse and replace. To manually open the hatch get in the back of the unit, in the center of the door below the window where the carpet starts below the plastic run your finger across the carpet, you will find an indentation where you insert a pointed object through the carpet. This allows you to release the latch for the window or hatch. Please rate suggestion....JD
Posted on Jun 27, 2009
i understand the key less entry works that is one circuit that leads into two circuits i need to know the eighth vin digit i am going to help you through the process of elimination Thanks lee Merry Christmas
Posted on Dec 25, 2009
my 06 tahoe just got this problem...all other doors lock and unlock with the fab and door switch...but the hatch is in permanent locked mode. i cant even unlock the hatch window. why is this happening?
Posted on Mar 09, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 21, 2016 | 2008 Pontiac Torrent
Mar 19, 2013 | 2005 Ford Freestar
Oct 04, 2010 | 2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS
Aug 16, 2010 | 1993 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer
Dec 24, 2009 | 2000 Chevrolet Blazer
Oct 20, 2009 | 2004 Infiniti FX35
Jul 02, 2009 | 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe
Jun 23, 2009 | 2004 Chevrolet Blazer
Dec 28, 2008 | 1998 Chevrolet Blazer
436 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: