Question about 2007 Nissan Murano SE
How do you reset the check engine light?
First of all, you should'nt do this unless you know what the problem is.. or what tripped it. I had this problem when my husband and I were replacing a head unit and disconnected the old head unit, a/c and other stuff then turn the car on. This made the light flash. The first time we took it in and got charged $50 to reset it. The second time we did this procedure and it worked.
ECU Resetting Procedures
Timing is extremely critical. If it is NOT DONE within the specify time, the ECU will not reset and the Check Engine Light (CEL) will continue to remain ON.
A stop watch or an analog clock with a second’s needle will be useful.
Reset Check Engine Light Procedures
1. Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch “ON” and wait 3 seconds.
2. Repeat the following steps (2a and 2b) procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds.
2a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD).
2b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.
3. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 10 seconds until the CEL starts blinking.
4. Fully release the accelerator pedal (while the CEL is still blinking)
5. Wait about 10 seconds.
6. Fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for more than 10 seconds.
7. Fully release the accelerator pedal (The CEL light will continue to blink).
8. Turn ignition switch to “OFF” position and now you can start the car. The CEL light should be gone.
If the CEL light continues to remain ON, repeat the above steps. Timing is EXTREMELY critical to resetting the ECU.
Posted on Jun 02, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 26, 2016 | Saturn Cars & Trucks
on Dec 07, 2009 | Honda Accord Cars & Trucks
Nov 19, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 15, 2015 | Mercury Cars & Trucks
engine light comes on and off, these are indication that there is some
error code stored in your vehicles ECM. The engine module computer
needs to be scanned. These will give the code and as per the error code the
further problem can be detected and confirmed. The engine light
indicator blinks or remains steady on dash when engine computer
noticed any problem with any engine electrically operated components.
more help, I suggest you to refer the help links provided below. These will let
you know more about which areas to look, check, when there is engine light
coming up on dash panel.
the link below: -------
details will help.
Nov 28, 2012 | 1999 Acura CL
Aug 16, 2012 | 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer
Oct 12, 2011 | 1995 Saab 900
Aug 06, 2011 | 2007 Hyundai Azera Limited Sedan
Apr 13, 2009 | 1999 Toyota 4Runner
8,142 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!