Question about 1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT
Is the clutch easy to access?
Removal (3000GT AWD)
1. Remove air cleaner cover, air hoses and vacuum pipe. Remove air cleaner, intake hose, battery, battery
tray and washer tank.
2. Disconnect transaxle control cables and speedometer cable. Raise and support vehicle.
3. Remove both inner fender splash shields. Remove clutch tube bracket and disconnect clutch release
cylinder (including clutch damper assembly on FWD models) and wire aside. Support transaxle assembly
with jack and disconnect upper transaxle mount. Remove mount, bracket, plug and stoppers.
4. Remove transaxle assembly upper coupling bolts. Disconnect tie rod ends and lower arm ball joints.
Remove right support member, starter cover (if equipped) and starter.
5. Remove left side bearing bracket mounting bolts and pry left axle shaft from transaxle. Wire left axle
shaft and inner shaft assembly aside. Pry right axle shaft from transaxle and wire aside.
6. Remove front bank side and rear bank side transaxle stays. Support transaxle assembly with a
transmission jack. Remove transaxle assembly lower coupling bolts and lower transaxle from vehicle.
7. Insert a clutch alining tool to prevent pressure plate and clutch disc from falling. Loosen pressure plate
bolts gradually in a crisscross pattern to avoid warping pressure plate flange. Remove pressure plate and
Posted on May 15, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 24, 2010 | 1983 Ford Ranger
Dec 09, 2009 | 1984 Toyota Tercel
Dec 01, 2009 | 1998 Subaru Impreza
Nov 07, 2009 | 2002 Jaguar S-Type
Sep 21, 2009 | 2000 Dodge Durango
Dec 14, 2008 | 1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
595 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: