Question about 1996 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup
Here is the drive cycle procedure for that vehicle, and let me know if you require any further assistance.
Running an OBD-II Drive Cycle
The purpose of the OBD-II drive cycle is to run all of the onboard diagnostics. The drive cycle should be perfomed when any trouble codes are erased from the PCM or if the battery was dis-connected. Performing the drive cycle will reset the monitors so that any further trouble codes can be detected.
The OBD-II system drive cycle begins with a cold start with the coolant temperature below 120 degrees F. and the coolant and the air temperature sensors within 10 degrees of each other. (The ignition key must not be "on" or in the "Run" position until the cold start or the heated O2 sensor diagnostic might not start)
1. As soon as the vehicle starts up, idle the engine in drive for two and a half minutes with the AC and the rear defrost on if equipped with a rear window defroster. The OBD-II will check the O2 sensor circuits, the air pump, and the EVAP purge.
2. After the two and a half minutes turn off the AC and the rear window defrost, and then accelerate to 55 mph at half throttle. OBD-II checks for any ignition mis-fires, fuel trim, and canister purge.
3. Hold steady at 55 mph for three minutes. OBD-II monitors the EGR system, the air pump, the O2 sensors and the canister purge.
4. After the three minutes decelerate down to 20 mph without using the brakes or the clutch. OBD-II checks the EGR and the purge functions.
5. Accelerate back up to 55 mph at half throttle. OBD-II checks for mis-fires, fuel trim, and purge functions again.
6. Hold steady at 55 mph for five minutes. OBD-II will monitor catalytic converter efficiency, for any mis-fires, EGR function, fuel trim, O2 sensor operation, and purge functions.
7. Decelerate to a stiop without using the brakes or the clutch. OBD-II makes a final check of the EGR system and the canister purge functions.
Posted on Sep 12, 2010
WHAT DID NOT SET?AND WHAT CODES SET. AT 200. MILES SOME THING IS GOING ON . I HAD A CHEVY FRONT WHEEL DRIVE THAT WOULD NOT SET THE MONITORS BUT HE WENT 40 STREET OF THE SOUTH OF 202 EMISSION PLACE AND THE GAVE HIM THE OK .NEVER FOUND WHAT THEY DID .
Posted on Feb 12, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 20, 2014 | 1998 Ford Ranger SuperCab
Mar 06, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Jun 30, 2012 | Suzuki Cars & Trucks
Dec 31, 2011 | 2000 Ford Escort
Apr 14, 2011 | 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe
Mar 22, 2011 | Honda Civic Cars & Trucks
Jan 25, 2011 | 1999 Chevrolet Malibu
Nov 11, 2010 | 2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS New Cars
May 10, 2010 | 2002 Mazda Protege
Dec 10, 2009 | 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix
1,632 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!