Question about 2006 AMC Scrambler

1 Answer

Scrambler pollution tube repair

Hello; Has any one tried to repair the bell shaped unit {hose runs into top of it. on the drivers side pollution tube. It seems to be cracked where it sits on the pollution tube. My shop will try to weld it this week. -P.S. Any relacement units around?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 57 Answers

I believe that is a check valve. There is a replaceable type that has a female pipe thread on the side that goes to the air injection manifold (pollution tube). So, the ideal repair would be to weld a pipe thread adapter to the manifold in place of the factory check valve, then thread on one of the newer style check valves. That is, of course, if you cannot find a replacement factory style air injection manifold

Posted on May 14, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

I need to locate my thermostat and change it

follow top rad hose to motor under housing where hose connects put new one in the correct way spring goes to engine side

Aug 05, 2011 | 1992 Plymouth Voyager


How To Replace A Heater Core 1995 Olds Aurora

Start inside the vehicle on the drivers side, remove the drivers side bottom dashboard plastic panels, you'll need to pop out the switches on either side of the steering column to access the 10mm bolts that hold the plastic panel, and steel panel under it. Working directly in front of the console above the floor, by the firewall, will be a black plastic cover on top of another black plastic cover. They are held in by 5.5 mm screws. Once both panels are removed, you will finally see the heater core. There are 2 straps that hold the heater core in place. Remove the 5.5 mm screws that hold the straps to the housing. Now, from under the hood, around the center of the firewall, there will be a rectanglar shaped vacuum box mounted on top of a relay bracket, remove to 3 10mm nuts to move vacuum box and relay bracket out of the way to access the heater core hoses. It may help to, from the inside, push the heater core forward thru the firewall, and then from under the hood, cut the aluminum tubes a inch or so from the heater hoses, a long sharp edge flat blade screwdriver might help. You can do this from inside the car, but watch for anti freeze. Remove the hog ring clamps, vice grips might help, in removing them. Use alot of WD-40, by spraying between the hose and the tubing, use a thin screwdriver between the hose and tubing to break the seal of the rubber hose to the tubing. Remove the 2 tubing pieces from the heater hoses. You are ready to reassemble. I'd replace the clamps with some worm gear clamps, alot easier to deal with.

on Mar 07, 2010 | Oldsmobile Aurora Cars & Trucks

2 Answers

Where is the modulator for the tansmission found

It's on the transmission itself. It's help in by a clip that has a bolt through it. It should stand out as though it looks like it doesn't belong on there. It's a fairly inexpensive part.

Mar 16, 2011 | 1992 Buick Regal

1 Answer

Trying to locate the thermostat

Find the radiator, find the two large rubbery hoses connecting the radiator to the engine. Follow the top hose from the radiator to the engine. At the junction between the hose and the block there is a barrel or bell shaped part onto which the hose connects and which is then bolted into the engine. The thermostat is inside that bell or barrel shaped part. At least it has been there on every car I have ever seen. The thermostat blocks the flow of coolant until the engine gets warm so it has to be inside the cooling system somewhere and very near to where the coolant enters or leaves the engine.

Aug 21, 2010 | 2001 Pontiac Grand Am SE

1 Answer

What is the rubber connecting hose after the air intake filter called

It could be called a breather hose. If it has an open end near the radiator, it brings cool air into the engine making it run better than it would sucking hot air from the engine compartment.
A 1986 car probably doesn't have the hose going to another unit. If it does that different and probably helps to lower your air pollution. All combustion engines spew out some pollution.
Jim Hart

Jun 16, 2010 | 1986 Nissan 300ZX

1 Answer

Leak where lower radiator hose connects to engine, how does it connect to block and is it difficult to repair the leak?

Real easy. The hose is held on by a jubilee clip. Best bet is to remove the hose (it will mean the radiator and block become drained of coolant) and clean the outside of the metal tube on which the hose is mounted. Sometimes corrosion here leads to leaks so scrape clean and polish with wire brush. Ensure that the hose is in good shape and that its interior has no bits of corrosion or dirt clinging to it. Slip the hose on to the tube and tighten the clip up. Refill the cooling system with a mixture of 1 part glycol antifreeze to 2 parts water. If in the Northern states make that mixture a ratio of 1 part glycol to 1 part water. Ensure the filer cap is on type and run engine up to operating temperature. Squeeze the top hose to help expel any air bubbles from the system. When the engine has cooled again check coolant levels and top up to make up for the expulsion of trapped air.

May 17, 2010 | 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 Answer

Where is the oil sender unit on a 1999 ford 5.0 litre v8 engine located, ford garage apparently disconnected it and now my oil pressure guage doesnt work and I want to reconnect it.

should be right above the oil filter driver side of motor front ..sending unit looks like a bell shape with one wire going to it ....

Nov 16, 2009 | 1983 Ford Fairmont

2 Answers

1996 grande cherokee 4wd 6cyl. dies out while driving will catch up or cut off,will crank after sets awhile and runs fine for awhile.has back fired with flames from exhaust.replaced ign. coil,fuelfilter,...

it is you crank posioion sensor it is located between the motor and the bell housing on transmission on passange top bell hosing one the sensor get warm it internaly grounds it self

May 06, 2009 | 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 Answer

I need to lower my gas tank on a 95 bonneville.I have a rusty leaking line by the top of the gas tank which i cant reach

Ooh man, good luck, I had that happen on my 95 lesabre (same frame and gas tank) and my 97 bonneville...

Memories are really fuzzy, but I'll try...

Warning:!! You are probably going to need a new tank (they usually rust uniformly so one hole usually becomes many), the sending unit will probably be rusted to nothing, the bolts holding the straps up will probably have to come out in pieces, and the speed nuts for the strap bolts are probably rusted away.

Back up the car onto a pair of wheel ramps, you'll need lots of space underneath the rear of the car.

Syphon out as much gas as you can, because when you do finally get it down that ****** is heavy with lots of gas in it.

The two filler hoses which attach to the side of the tank are usually a bi+ch to get off, but can be done, try not to cut the hoses too bad, I honesly can not remember if you take off the hoses before or after dropping the tank... (sorry) It is helpful to syphon more gas out once you get the filler hoses off.

*try* to get the two bolts holding the straps up, if anything like my experiences, the cheap speed-nut hinges rusted away to nothing years ago and turning the bolt means turing the back of the speed nut (which means you aren't going to be able to get the bolt out that way). What I did was drill out the center of the of the bolt, starting small and working my way up until the center of the bolt was hollow enough for me to snap the head off, breaking those off will free the tank, make sure you have a hydraulic jack with a piece of wood centered under the tank in case it is still really heavy. The straps slide in a pocket on one side of the tank and bolt on the other, you may want to consider moving the straps so the weight of the tank doesn't bend then because if they get bent it is a pain to get them to reach the hole when reinstalling.

the tubes and wires connecting to the sending unit are usually pretty flexible, so you should be able to lay the tank on the ground while removing the sending unit, be forewarned that the sending unit is probably in rough shape and if you are going to replace that too you probably arent going to be able to get the hoses out without breaking the sending unit tubes in the hoses, some penetrating oil will lessen the impact (that was my case anyways, my sending unit was leaking worse than the tank on my lesabre! if your sending unit is still in good condition, you're lucky). There are little retaining clips that keep the tubes in the hoses by latching over a lip on the tubes, you may end up breaking those, so be prepared to look for some new ones at the store.

You get the sending unit out by taking a flat head screw driver, and gently banging on the tabs of the seal retaining ring around the base of the sending unit, there is a gasget under there, make sure you start at one corner while trying to tap it off and move around the metal ring to get it off. When pulling the sending unit out, watch out to not knock the sock off (there are plastic posts on the bottom of the sending unit which can get cracked off and won't hold on the sock anymore, and also the float guage for the fuel level has a weird shape to it, don't bend it or catch it on the way out of the tank.

Once you get it out the tank you can see your fuel pump, and all the **** at the bottom of the tank the sock on the fuel pump (hopefully still present) has been blocking from getting in the $100 fuel pump!

To re-install, reverse steps, but with new bolts and speed nuts and you may want to put some penetrating oil on the filler holes before you reattach the filler tubes, makes reinstallation much easier. Make sure to reattach all hoses and wires to the sending unit!

Use the jack and board to GENTLY lift the tank back into the vehicle so you'll have an easier time reinstalling the straps. obviously dont crush the tank, sending unit, wires, etc...

This is probably missing steps, but should get you most of the way there, hey, if I could do it in the dead of winter over xmas vacation with litt help or preparation, and only a little frostbite on my feet, you can too!

Enjoy-- I hope you still attempt the repair because bonnevilles are nice cars, I miss mine, the repair is a pain but the motors last forever if taken care of, and if you don't already have transmission problems, that tranny is a beast too!

Apr 10, 2009 | 1995 Pontiac Bonneville

1 Answer

I need to know what the part is called and how to fix it. The part is leaking hot coolant fluid, it is a ''y'' shape tubing that feels like hard plastic, black in color. It runs on the left side to the...

sounds like hoses going to heater core but they are rubber usually. But it could be the hoses for the degs bottle mounted on the passenger side inner fender.

Coolant Recovery System NOTE: When the water thermostat (8575) is closed, coolant flows through the degas tube and hose assembly from the lower intake manifold to the radiator coolant recovery reservoir (8A080) .

Trapped air in the cooling system must be removed. A pressurized radiant coolant recovery reservoir system is used which continuously separates the air from the cooling system.
  • When the water thermostat is open, coolant flows through both the small hose from the top of the radiator outlet tank and the degas tube and hose assembly from the engine to the radiator coolant recovery reservoir.
  • The radiator coolant recovery reservoir separates any trapped air from the coolant and replenishes the system through its radiator coolant recovery hose.
  • The radiator coolant recovery reservoir serves as the location for:
    • service fill.
    • coolant expansion during warm-up.
    • system pressurization from the pressure relief cap.
    • air separation during operation.
  • The radiator coolant recovery reservoir is designed to have approximately 0.5-1 liter (0.53-1.06 quarts) of air when cold to allow for coolant expansion

Apr 08, 2009 | 1995 Ford Taurus

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

175 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top AMC Experts

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22306 Answers


Level 3 Expert

77939 Answers

Arnie Burke
Arnie Burke

Level 3 Expert

4558 Answers

Are you an AMC Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides