Question about 1994 Mercury Sable
The starter gets power to start from the battery.
To replace the starter follow this procedure:---
1) First of all disconnect the negative terminal of your battery.
2) Now to remove the starter.You will have to raise the vehicle.Position a jack under the front of the car on the passenger's side and raise it off the ground.
3) Now you can easily see the electrical connection on the rear of the starter from under the Sable.
4) The starter electrical connection is fitted by the bolt.Loosen that bolt and release the terminal.
5) Remove the lower mounting bolt from the starter with a socket and ratchet. Then remove the upper mounting bolt and lower the starter out from under the car.6) The starter can be removed out of its housing now.
7) Install new starter in the same position.
8) Connect the large red cable to the starter using the bolt you removed from the old starter. Tighten it.This is the only electrical connector on the starter, so it should not be hard to find.
9) Lower the car on ground level.then reconnect the battery.
Thanks. Keep updated for any more query. You can rate this
solution and show your appreciation
Posted on Sep 12, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 17, 2013 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe
Nov 20, 2011 | 2002 Mercury Mountaineer
Aug 16, 2011 | 2004 Chrysler Pacifica
Oct 15, 2010 | Dodge Intrepid Cars & Trucks
Aug 19, 2010 | 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier
Aug 17, 2010 | 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Club Cab
Jul 16, 2010 | 1998 Mercury Mystique
Jun 25, 2010 | 1996 Buick Regal Olympic Gold
Apr 05, 2010 | 1999 Audi A6
Oct 12, 2009 | 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
38 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: