Question about GMC Sierra 3500HD
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Fuel Rail Pressure Low During Power Enrichment
The engine control module (ECM) uses the fuel rail pressure (FRP) sensor to determine fuel pressure to the fuel injectors. This is then compared to the calculated target fuel pressure as determined by the ECM. The ECM adjusts the FRP by modulating the duty cycle of the control driver of the fuel pressure regulator. Injector pulse duration is determined by the measured rail pressure and the target injection fuel into each cylinder. If a sensor circuit malfunction is detected, or the commanded fuel injection pump flow is not within the proper range for a given engine load and speed, DTCs will be set.
DTC U1000 and U1255 Circuit Description Modules connected to the class 2 serial data circuit monitor for serial data communications during normal vehicle operation. Operating information and commands are exchanged among the modules. When a module receives a message for a critical operating parameter, the module records the identification number of the module which sent the message for State of Health monitoring. A critical operating parameter is one which, when not received, requires that the module use a default value for that parameter. When a module does not associate an identification number with at least one critical parameter within about five seconds of beginning serial data communication, DTC U1000 or U1255 is set. When more than one critical parameter does not have an identification number associated with it, the DTC will only be reported once. The class 2 serial data line on this vehicle is a ring/star configuration. The following modules communicate on the class 2 serial data line:
• The body control module (BCM) • The digital radio reciever • The driver door module (DDM) • The electronic brake control module (EBCM) • The front passenger door module (FPDM) • The HVAC control module • The inflatable restraint sensing and diagnostic module (SDM) • The instrument panel cluster (IPC) • The memory seat module (MSM) • The powertrain control module (PCM) • The radio • The radio amplifier • The rear seat audio (RSA) controller • The rear seat entertainment (RSE) assembly w/U42 • The rear wheel steering control module • The remote playback device-CD player w/U1S • The transfer case shift control module • The transmission control module (TCM) w/Allison transmission • The theft deterrent control module • The vehicle communication interface module (VCIM) w/UE1
Posted on Dec 09, 2008
SOURCE: Engine overheats under load
There are quite a few reasons the engine could overheat other then a failed cooling fan clutch. I wonder if the fan is always on because the engine is always running hot?
This condition may be caused by any of the following possibilities:
• Installation of an aftermarket grille.
• A plugged charge air cooler.
• Fan clutch not operating properly.
• Drive belt slip.
• An overfilled transmission.
• Turbocharger not operating properly.
• A plugged air filter
Hope that helps........
Posted on Aug 27, 2008
SOURCE: trouble code p1093 2003 duramax
P1093: Fuel pressure low during power enhancement
Check the oil and see if it smells like diesel. Sounds like an injector stuck open.
The LB7 trucks have injector warranty extended to 200k, so I would think about calling the dealer.
Posted on Apr 13, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 20, 2017 | Isuzu Cars & Trucks
Dec 05, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 23, 2015 | GMC Cars & Trucks
Aug 24, 2014 | 2005 GMC Sierra
Sep 14, 2012 | Chevrolet Cars & Trucks
Aug 17, 2011 | 2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD
Sep 28, 2010 | GMC W3500 Cars & Trucks
Apr 12, 2010 | 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
627 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: