Question about Mazda MAZDA6
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: key fob will not undo
If you don't have one that works for the vehicle now, you'll have to take it to your local dealer to have it programmed to the vehicle. Some will charge for this, some will do it at no charge.
If you do have a remote that is programmed and working for the vehicle, then the following steps will allow you to program another remote:
1. Enter vehicle and close all doors.
2. Put seatbelt on (or clip it into the buckle) to shut the warning buzzer off.
3. Put key in ignition, turn to run position but don't start it.
4. Press and hold the unlock button on the working key fob and hold for 4 seconds, then also press the panic button.
5. Release both buttons and you should hear a single chime to indicate it is in program mode. You have 30 seconds after the chime to program any additional remotes you want to program.
6. Press and release both the unlock and lock buttons simultaneously on the remote you are programming. You should hear another single chime.
7. Within 4 seconds after hearing the chime, press either lock or unlock button on remote that you are programming.
Posted on Oct 16, 2008
SOURCE: car will not jump start
Check battery voltage. If volts are very low, put on charger. In many cases, you can't jump through a really dead battery... not enough voltage gets through to computer etc to make systems operate.
Battery may be used up... if it will not take a charge, replace it and check charging system before driving. PS: use a charger to charge battery. If it is very low, you candamage charging system in other vehicle. Also,,, You cleaned terminals already RIGHT???
Posted on Dec 16, 2008
replace the key fob, please contact mercedes, who will supply u with a pre programmed key, it will save u a lot of aggro in the long run
Posted on Mar 02, 2009
i HAD the same problem.... first check the fuse under the hood labeled 'dome' should be a 7.5A it is blown for sure... also if you are good with wiring and at working on cars look at the drivers side doo wiring (between the inside door jam and the drivers side floor... its the wiring that goes through the door to the cabin.... anyway you have to take off the door panel and remove a small cover on the floor of the drivers side.... now remove the two connectors that go to the wiring harness.... you should now be able to loosen the grommet and pull the wiring harness through the door via the speaker hole (you should have removed the speaker already) you now must inspect the wiring which is most likely frayed and/or broken now fix the wiring with some new wiring and crimp connectors and heat shrink your work.... should be good as new... have fun getting the wiring back through the door... it will be bigger due to the crimp on connectors etc..... i did a quick write up of this so i hope it is understandable
Posted on Jun 18, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 12, 2015 | Mazda Cars & Trucks
Apr 30, 2014 | 2005 Subaru Legacy
Mar 27, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 08, 2011 | 2003 Mazda Tribute
Jan 04, 2009 | 1993 Mazda MX-6
Aug 11, 2008 | 2006 Mazda 6
30 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: