Question about Mitsubishi Galant
1.5 and 1.8 engines:
* Install the rocker arm and shaft assemblies. Tighten the rocker arm shaft retainer bolts to 23 ft. lbs. (32 Nm).
* Check valve adjustment and install the valve cover. Tighten the valve cover bolts to 16 inch lbs. (1.8 Nm) for the 1.5L engine or to 29 inch lbs. (3.3 Nm) for the 1.8L engine.
* Lubricate the rocker shaft with clean engine oil and install the rockers and springs in their proper places.
* Install the rocker shaft assemblies on the engine. Tighten the bolts gradually and evenly to 21-25 ft. lbs. (29-35 Nm).
Fig. Rocker arm shafts and components-2.4L engine
* Fit the rocker shaft springs from above and position them so that they are at right angles to the plug side. Install the rocker springs before installing the exhaust side rocker shaft and rocker arm assembly.
* Install the exhaust side rocker shaft assembly in the engine. Tighten the rocker shaft mounting bolts gradually and evenly to 23 ft. lbs. (32 Nm).
* Remove the lash adjuster retaining tools.
* Install the rocker cover and tighten the mounting bolts to 30 inch lbs. (3 Nm).
* Reinstall the spark plug wires to the spark plugs.
Posted on Sep 06, 2010
Testimonial: "You were very helpful. Thank you very much."
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 21, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 01, 2015 | 1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass Salon
Apr 25, 2014 | 1995 Toyota Corolla
Jun 04, 2013 | 1996 Dodge Neon
Nov 12, 2011 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 06, 2010 | 1999 GMC Sierra 3500
Jun 15, 2010 | Cars & Trucks
May 27, 2010 | 1994 Dodge Stealth
Apr 02, 2010 | 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier
Aug 26, 2009 | Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Cars & Trucks
1,401 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!