Question about 1994 Cadillac DeVille

1 Answer

My window fell of track when the plastic piece on the window broke in half. What is that piece called ? Is this something I can get or will I need a whole new window?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Master
  • 1,190 Answers

The piece you are talking about is called a window guide.

Posted on Sep 06, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

How to repair drivers window

Remove door inner panel.. Look for why it fell .. It is off the lift track, probably something broke.. find broken part and replace or repair.. its not uncommon for window regulators to break.

May 31, 2014 | 2001 Pontiac Grand Am SE

2 Answers

My thing broke that makes my drivers front window wind up even. what part do i need? Ihave power windows.

There is a plastic stay clip that attaches to that hole that guides the window in the track

May 08, 2012 | 1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera

1 Answer

My driver side window fell and will not go up or down. The electrical seems to be fine it just dropped. How can this be fixed without taking it to a dealer. Melissa

Melissa, you will need to take the panel off and the interior protection foam and plastic out to get to it. The window is probably off track or the track bar is broke. You need to locate the screws and remove all of them to get the panel off. They are in the corners and on the ends of the panel. They are probably 4-6 screws. Take them out and the panel will remove. You may have one screw around the door handle. There are usually a plastic piece over the door and foam. It all will need removed. After removal, you should be able to check out the window and see what the problem is. If you have a question Melissa, write me back. I am here to help. Thanks for choosing Fixya.

Feb 23, 2011 | 2006 Chrysler Sebring

1 Answer

Where do i get the small plastic piece that slides back and forth in the track at the bottom of the power window? It holds the stud at the end of the regulator arm in the track. Mine broke into four...

Go to this site and poke around, they have never sent me a bad or wrong Saturn part.

Sep 25, 2010 | 2001 Saturn SL

1 Answer

Driver window off track,went to roll window down and window fell inside of door.Window crank turns freely.

remove door panel, If you are mechanically inclined you can figure out how to connect the regulator (operating assembly) back to the window by removing mounting bolts of assembly and pivoting. Something came loose or broke, window guides are worn (plastic parts), or assembly is way out of alignment for window to fall off track....

Sep 16, 2010 | 1993 Plymouth Acclaim

1 Answer

When closing my door, the window fell into the door compartment. Did it just come off the track or did something break? It will not rollup now and need to with the rain and all.

More then likely the window regulator broke, the part that breaks is plastic and connects at the base of the window. Its a poor design that can only be repaired by replacing it.

Jul 28, 2009 | 2004 Dodge Dakota

1 Answer

Power window inop

The plastic strip in the window regulator track broke. It is replaceable by a qualified tech or if you are pretty handy. you can go to the dealer and get the strip. remove the door inner panel and expose the regulator and window by removing the clear plastic (put this back in when reassembling or you will hear alot of road noise and have trouble keeping heat in in the winter). if you can't get the part you can at least out the mindow up now and wedge something in it so you can get somewhere at least if it's raining out. When you get the parts from the dealer they can show you how it goes in as it is hard to explain but I will if you need me to. Good luck.
Please rate this response , and let me know if ya need more help!

Aug 31, 2008 | 1991 Chrysler New Yorker

Not finding what you are looking for?
1994 Cadillac DeVille Logo

Related Topics:

96 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Cadillac Experts


Level 3 Expert

79186 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers

Ronny Bennett Sr.
Ronny Bennett Sr.

Level 3 Expert

6927 Answers

Are you a Cadillac Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides