Question about 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser
If you don't have the Panic button then sorry, you can't program yourself, the dealer will have to program it to the RKE (Remote Keyless Entry) module in the vehicle, using their DRB scan tool.
Posted on Sep 06, 2010
You can program new keys to the system if you have two valid sentry keys by doing the following:
1. Cut the additional Sentry Key Transponder blank to match the ignition switch lock cylinder key code.
2. Insert the first valid key into the ignition switch and turn the ignition switch ON for at least 3 seconds but no longer than 15 seconds. Turn the ignition switch OFF and remove the first key.
3. Insert the second valid key and turn the ignition switch ON within 15 seconds. After ten seconds a chime will sound and the Theft Alarm Light will begin to flash. Turn the ignition switch OFF and remove the second key.
4. Insert a blank Sentry Key into the ignition switch and turn the ignition switch ON within 60 seconds. After 10 seconds a single chime with sound. The Theft Alarm Light will stop flashing, turn on for 3 seconds; then turn off.
The new Sentry Key has been programmed. Repeat this process to program up to a total of 8 keys."
Without 2 valid keys, it is back to the dealer for them to reprogram.
Also, could check the Chrysler PT Cruiser Sedan - Convertible Owners Manual (page 17)
On the link below will tell you how to program the remote.
Posted on Sep 05, 2010
According to Edmunds.com, Chrysler first released the PT Cruiser in 2001. PT Cruiser owners who need replacement factory keyless remotes for their vehicles can purchase them from a Chrysler dealer or online from keylessride.com. Remotes purchased directly from Chrysler will be programmed by the dealer but may be more expensive. Remotes purchased online will cost less but will require programming before use. The programming process for factory remotes can be done by the vehicle owner but requires the owner to have a working keyless remote.
1. Insert the key into the ignition and turn the key to the "run" position. The "run" position is the position located immediately before the "start" position that starts the vehicle.
2. Press and hold the "unlock" button on the working keyless remote for 4 to 10 seconds. While holding the "unlock" button, press and hold the "panic" button on the working remote for 1 second. Release both buttons simultaneously. If done correctly, a chime will sound for 3 seconds indicating the vehicle has entered remote programming mode. If the chime does not start, repeat the tasks in this step to enter programming mode.
3. Press any button on each keyless remote that needs programming within 30 seconds of entering programming mode. A chime will sound after each remote is successfully programmed.
4. Turn the key in the ignition to the "off" position and remove the key to exit remote programming mode. Test each remote by locking and unlocking the door locks on the vehicle.
Posted on Sep 06, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 09, 2015 | Nissan Cars & Trucks
Aug 05, 2014 | 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Jun 17, 2012 | 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Sep 02, 2010 | 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Nov 05, 2009 | 2005 Dodge Durango
Aug 03, 2009 | 1999 Chrysler Town & Country
Apr 21, 2009 | Mitsubishi Raider Cars & Trucks
Oct 16, 2008 | 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Sep 26, 2008 | 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan
1,439 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: