Question about 2007 Jeep Compass Limited
YOU NEED ARBOR PRESS TO PRESS OUT BEARING FROM THE HUB.NOT A HOME FIX YOU NEED SPECIAL TOOLS TO DO THE JOB.
Posted on Sep 05, 2010
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
3. Remove retaining ring. If the bearing inner race remains on wheel hub, grind a section of inner race until approximately 0.020 in (0.5 mm) remains. Remove race with a chisel.
4. Remove wheel bearing with suitable tool.
• Do not remove dust cover unless necessary. • Do not reuse dust cover if removed. 5. Mark relative positions of dust cover and knuckle for proper reassembly. 6. Remove dust cover with a chisel.
• Do not remove wheel hub bolt unless necessary. • Do not reuse wheel hub bolt if removed. 7. Remove wheel hub bolt with a press.
Assembly 1. Press in new wheel studs. Front wheel hub press in either bolt turning or loosening by the torque of 108.5 lb•ft (147 N•m, 15 kg•m) shall not be premissible.
2. Mark new dust cover to match the removed dust cover. 3. Align mark on new dust cover with knuckle. 4. Install new dust cover with suitable tool.
5. Install new wheel bearing with suitable tool. 6. Install front wheel hub assembly with suitable tool.
• Use a new oil seal, and apply grease to seal. • Install oil seal so that it is flush with knuckle. 7. Install new oil seal with SST(0K993 331 016).
Jan 12, 2013 | 2003 Kia Sedona
Feb 17, 2011 | Toyota Corolla Cars & Trucks
Oct 04, 2010 | 1997 Ford F250 SuperCab
Jul 06, 2010 | Cars & Trucks
Jul 09, 2010 | 2004 Ford Explorer
Nov 05, 2009 | 1998 Ford Escort
May 28, 2009 | 1999 Ford Taurus
May 25, 2009 | 1996 Mercury Sable
Feb 27, 2009 | 1990 Nissan Sentra
64 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!