Question about 1987 Dodge Ramcharger

1 Answer

What is the name of the hose coming out of the top of the radiator on the lfet called. looked up top radiator hose but that doesn't look like it and it isn't put on with hose clamps. How do i change it because the connections look like compression fittings.

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 7 Answers

That should be air conditioning line coming from the condenser. there called (refrigerant lines) its recommended that the a/c system be serviced by a certified automotive technician utilizing a refrigerant recovery machine. THANK YOU. if you have any problems i'll be glad to help..

Posted on Apr 03, 2011


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How do I find out what the name of this little ***** copper pipe coming from my radiator is called??

no it does not sound good . It may be a bottom hose connection to the radiator tank and if that is the case the radiator will have to be replaced as it is not repairable in modern radiators

Aug 03, 2014 | 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse

1 Answer

I noticed water spewing from a hose either leading to or comming from the thermostat so I took it off now I dont know the name of the part I need accept Its a hose.

If it is the hose that runs from the top of the radiator to the thermostat housing on the engine, it is called the "upper radiator hose".

Oct 08, 2012 | 1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager

2 Answers

Whats the name of the hose that is connected to the radiater for water?

radiator hose is what they are called, oddly enough. one on the top and one on the bottom. if you are replacing one, do yourself a favor and replace both on a car that old. while they are disconnected, dump a bucket of cold clear water into the top hose and see how fast it comes out the bottom hose. if the flow is markedly slower out the bottom, you may want to consider a new radiator. they get plugged up with age, especially if someone has been dumping sealer into them.

Aug 25, 2011 | 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier

1 Answer

Extension connector radiator hose vw 2000 beetle? the plastic piece that is attached to radiator and connects to hose... elbow like?? whats the correct name?

There are several names of these parts. Rather than ask for clarification I am just going to venture a guess as to the exact one you're looking for.
This LINK will take you to stainless steel hoses listed by Advance Auto. If I am getting you this will be what you're looking for. This hose attaches to the radiator and is called: Spectre Magna-Kool 90 Deg. Radiator Hose End Kit Chrome. This hopefully answers your question and if not just consider it a clarification.

Gary @ Fix Ya

Aug 13, 2011 | 2000 Volkswagen Beetle

2 Answers

I need to know the name of the pipe conected to the bottom of the radiator into the motor?

this is called the coolant delivery line/hose. ( or coolant line/hose from the radiator to the water pump ).


Feb 02, 2011 | 1995 Cadillac DeVille

1 Answer

I have a hose that I thought was a radiator hose because it was leaking antifreeze, but after looking at the hose, it doesnt run to the radiator.. it runs from the front of the engine to the back, any idea...

warm coolant is pumped into the heater core inside the car, under the dash, to provide heat. most likely what you are looking at is a heater hose. these can be purchased at parts stores. often just a long piece of hose will do unless there is a fancy bend in it.

Dec 23, 2010 | 2004 Suzuki Verona

1 Answer

Where to find A part. For brittle hose that runs from top radiator to the engine.

Hi my name is Tom and I am here to help you.

Any auto parts store will have a upper radiator hose for you. If not, you can get the right size hose by going with straight hose. I would try walking into a parts store with the hose in hand and ask for a replacement. They will want your make, model and engine type. Presto here comes the hose. They may have to order one from the warehouse, but someone has your hose.

If I can be of further help, do not hesitated to call or email me. Either way, please take the time to fill out the thumbs rating on my helpfulness.


Jun 30, 2010 | 2000 Daewoo Leganza

2 Answers

I have a leak coming from the upper radiator hose (someone else looked at my engine and told me this) the only problem is i have NO idea which the upper radiator hose is...some kind of diagram would be...

you should be able to see the leak being that the radiator hose is right there around the top where you would fill or check your radiator fluid. you can also google it if you absolutely need a picture like engine specs of your year make and model.

Apr 06, 2010 | 1999 Chevrolet Malibu

2 Answers

I cannot find the water bypass part that is located from the radiator to the motor...what is the real name to that pipe

it's your heater core lines. the 2 lines that come out of the fire wall on the passenger side under the hood.

Jul 14, 2009 | 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

65 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Dodge Experts


Level 3 Expert

76109 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22156 Answers

Jeff Turcotte
Jeff Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

8269 Answers

Are you a Dodge Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides