Question about 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche
For a 2003 it is on the frame rail under the drivers side door. Don't bother taking off the black holster that holds the fuel filter/injector onto the frame rail.
1 )Simply unscrew the nuts on both sides of the fuel filter/injector. It will be under pressure. Wear safety goggles. A couple of cups of fuel will spill.
2) Look at the fuel line on the engine side. Notice the clip holding in the line. Remove the line from the clip.
3) Remove the fuel lines from the filter starting with the side toward the engine. This side has more play/laxity in the line.
4) Slide out the fuel filter/injector from the black holster.
5) Slide in the new fuel filter/injector with the flow directional arrow pointing toward the engine.
6) Attach the fuel line to the filter starting with the tank side first. Don't force it and thread out the fittings.
7) Attach the engine side fuel line. The fitting would come together by hand screwing the male into the female end. I did have to use a wrench to gently start it.
Posted on Sep 04, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 01, 2017 | GMC Sonoma Cars & Trucks
Aug 11, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 04, 2014 | 2007 Chrysler Pacifica Touring
Oct 07, 2013 | 1995 GMC Jimmy
For jeep grand Cherokee fuel injectors replacing, i suggest you to go the help oink provided below:-----
Its a complete step by step procedure to do so:-----
How to Replace a Fuel Injector
How to change fuel injector on 2005 gmc envoy?
------------These will help.Thanks.
Nov 28, 2012 | 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Feb 16, 2010 | 1996 Toyota Camry
Sep 14, 2009 | 1987 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup
Sep 04, 2009 | 1987 Chevrolet Suburban
177 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!