Question about 1999 Hyundai Accent

1 Answer

I just hit a raise manhole with the under side of my car. The hydraulic converter ( I think, the first 1/2 of the muffler) disconnected from the rest of the muffler. It seems that the pipe is fine just that the connection let go. I'd like to fix the problem myself temporarily until Tuesday. I'd like to diagnose the problem myself to make sure the pipe is not damaged itself. What should i look for and how should/need to fix it.

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Hyundai Master
  • 1,830 Answers

Shouldn't you have your insurance company look at the damage done to your car first?

Posted on Jul 10, 2017


5 Suggested Answers

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

  • 1665 Answers

SOURCE: Catalytic converter

As we can see in figure below it sit vertically up in the front of the car.

Posted on Jun 06, 2008

  • 53 Answers

SOURCE: bad cat.concerter

your car does have 2 converters it would be the manifold one causeing the code this part is warranty covered for 150k hope your under that

Posted on Oct 20, 2008

  • 20 Answers

SOURCE: Exhaust Pipe broke/Rust on muffler

Flex pipe will work, or if it's a straight section of pipe you can buy a universal piece of exhaust tubing with flared ends, trim off the rusty ends on your original pipe with a hacksaw or Sawzall and slip in the new section. Clamp it with 2 muffler clamps and you're set. Total cost should be under $40.

Posted on Apr 10, 2010

Testimonial: "Thanks so much for your expertise! "

  • 65 Answers

SOURCE: How do you change the

you just need to cut the pipe behind the muffler and expand the new pipe and put a pipe clamp and it will be fine

Posted on Dec 07, 2010

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Can i manually raise n lower the top on my 91 lebaron convertible?

Yes, but if you do not disconnect the pistons, you will have to push very hard because you will be forcing the hydraulic fluid back through the pump. Behind the rear side windows there is a hydraulic piston on both sides. They look like shock absorbers (See pic.). At the top is a rod that is bolted to the folding mechanism. Unbolt the rod and push it back down into the piston on both sides. You now have a manual top. FYI, this works for most convertibles. df0db2d7-2450-4bb7-a0f0-b5781abb4ef8.jpg

Apr 03, 2014 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

On start up no matter the temp out side when I take of driving 2-3 gear doesn't feel like converter is locking in raise the rpm to 4500 and it will drop in gear and drive fine rest of day

You have a hydraulic fluid pressure problem Most likely a filter getting plugged up. Have it changed before you do serious damage.

Mar 20, 2014 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Electric convertible top does not completely retract on 1997 328i

check hydraulic fluid level in the hydralic motor pump behind left side trim panel in the trunk.look on side or end of the motor pump assembly.look for screw type check plug. first place rags under the check plug to catch fluid spill unscrew the check plug fluid level should be 1/4 inch bottom of check plug hole if low you need add correct level fluid. then screw in check plug back in bleed air out hydralic system you need helper to hold switch while you raise and lower the top slowly by hand raise and lower top several times to remove air out hydralic system. see if your convertible top will open and close all the way.

Oct 17, 2013 | 1997 BMW 318

1 Answer

Glowing Converter/ Muffler Noise/ Power Loss

your cat is plugged remove it and replace with straight pipe or replace cat

Apr 05, 2017 | 1994 Chevrolet Camaro

1 Answer

Replace struts

To remove the struts on a Mystique, Loosen the lug nuts on both front tires. With a hydraulic jack, raise the vehicle on one side, then place a jack stand under the vehicle and adjust it to the proper height for the vehicle to rest on. Repeat this step for the opposite side.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ECU Chip Tuning Tool

Nov 19, 2012 | 2005 Lincoln Town Car

1 Answer

Top worked fine yesterday but today tried to let down only clicked

It is a hydraulic pump that applies pressure to the 2 hydraulic pistons to raise & lower the top. So, check for something obstructing movement first.

The convertible top:
  • is motor-driven.
  • requires parking brake engaged to complete circuit for operation.
  • is equipped with a back window glass (42006) . The back window glass is permanently attached to the folding top back window curtain (52500) and cannot be opened.
  • Damaged fluid reservoir.
  • Damaged folding top hydraulic cylinders .
  • Damaged folding top motor upper and lower hose .
  • Damaged convertible top regulator.
  • Parking brake not engaged.
  • Open power distribution box circuit breaker CONV TOP (30A), fuse junction panel Fuse 1 (15A).
  • Circuitry open/shorted.
  • Damaged convertible top switch.
  • Damaged raise/lower relay .
  • Damaged folding top hydraulic lift motor and plate kit .

  • Convertible Top Does Not Raise/Lower
  • Open circuit breaker or fuse.
  • Circuitry open/shorted.
  • Damaged folding top switch.
  • Damaged raise/lower relay .
  • Damaged folding top hydraulic lift motor and plate kit .
  • Parking brake not engaged.


Jun 29, 2011 | 1998 Ford Mustang

2 Answers

I have an 1998 Chevy Blazer and need to change the catalytic converter, are the flange bolts welded and can i cut them

Catalytic Converter Removal & Installation 2.2L Engine To Remove:
Catalytic converter 2.2L engine gm-03-22-734.gif

  1. Raise and safely support the vehicle.
  2. Disconnect the heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) electrical connector.
  3. Remove the exhaust manifold pipe flange mounting nuts from the catalytic converter.
  4. Remove the catalytic converter flange mounting nuts from the muffler.
  5. Remove the catalytic converter from the muffler.
  6. Remove the catalytic converter from the rear hanger bracket insulator.
  7. Remove the catalytic converter.
  8. Remove the (HO2S) from the catalytic converter.
To Install:
  1. Install the (HO2S) to the catalytic converter.
  2. Install a new gasket and the catalytic converter to the muffler.
  3. Install catalytic converter to the catalytic converter hanger.
  4. Install the catalytic converter flange mounting nuts to the muffler flange.
    • Tighten to 26 ft lbs (35 Nm).
  5. Install the catalytic converter flange mounting nuts to the exhaust manifold pipe flange.
    • Tighten to 26 ft lbs (35 Nm).
  6. Connect the heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) electrical connector.
  7. Lower the vehicle.
------ Catalytic Converter Removal & Installation 4.3L Engine To Remove:
  1. Raise and safely support the vehicle.
  2. Raise and support the transmission.
  3. Remove the transmission support
  4. Disconnect the left and right pre-converter heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) electrical connector.
  5. Disconnect the post-converter (HO2S) connector. Muffler flange and gasket gm-03-43-731.gif

  6. Remove the catalytic converter flange mounting nuts from the muffler.
  7. Remove the catalytic converter from the muffler.
  8. Remove the exhaust manifold flange mounting nuts from the catalytic converter. Catalytic converter 4.3L engine gm-03-43-735.gif

  9. Remove the catalytic converter from the support bracket insulator.
  10. Remove the catalytic converter and gaskets.
  11. Remove the heated oxygen sensor.
To Install:
  1. Install the heated oxygen sensors as needed.
  2. Install a new gasket and the Install the catalytic converter to the support bracket insulator.
  3. Install the catalytic converter to the exhaust manifold flange. Install the mounting nuts.
    • Tighten to 39 ft lbs (53 Nm).
  4. Using a new flange gasket, install the catalytic converter to the muffler. Install the mounting nuts.
    • Tighten to 30 ft lbs (40 Nm).
  5. Connect the left and right pre-converter heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) electrical connectors.
  6. Connect the post-converter (HO2S) electrical connector.
  7. Install the transmission support.
  8. Lower the transmission.
  9. Lower the vehicle.
prev.gif next.gif ---
It looks like you can cut them and replace them with new bolts and nuts.prev.gif next.gif

Sep 05, 2010 | 1998 Chevrolet Blazer

1 Answer

How do I change the o2 sensor

Hello, to change the O2 sensor follow this steps:

1. Set the parking brake if the engine has been run recently, let it cool for a few hours before you start.

2. Raise the vehicle with a hydraulic jack and place the jack stand under your trackers frame to supports its weight. Lower the hydraulic jack and set it aside.

3. Craw under the engine on the right hand side(drivers side) near the driver's door. Locate the catalytic converter, which is mounted in-line with the exhaust pipe.

4. Locate the oxygen sensor which is mounted in the exhaust pipe near the rear of the catalytic converter.

5. Remove the wiring harness connector from the oxygen sensor by squeezing in the connector tab with your finger while simultaneously pulling the connector from the sensor.

6. Remove the sensor from the exhaust pipe by turning it out with an adjustable wrench in a counter clockwise direction.


Aug 25, 2010 | 2006 Chevrolet Equinox

1 Answer


Need to raise the car and get under it.
Bank 2 would be the passenger side, and sensor 1 would be the pre-catalyst sensor (closer to the engine).
The O2 sensors read te amount of oxygen before and after the Catalyst (catalytic converter). The Cat is between the engine and the muffler. The sensors are on both sides of the Cat in the exhaust pipe. there is a special socket that makes removal easy. Most are 7/8 or 22mm.
Use some thread sealer on the new one.
Pretty easy job.
Good Luck!

Feb 02, 2010 | 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis

1 Answer

Convertible top

they are runon hydraulics you may have a leak in the hose but yes u can disconnect the motor and raise and lower it maunally

Jul 14, 2008 | 1998 BMW Z3 Roadster

Not finding what you are looking for?
1999 Hyundai Accent Logo

Related Topics:

42 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Hyundai Experts


Level 3 Expert

78010 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22306 Answers

Jeffrey Turcotte
Jeffrey Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

8832 Answers

Are you a Hyundai Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides