Question about 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
cabin air filter is in the airbox behind the glove compartment,
unclip the glovebox, look behind it for a small access door, undo the latches, and voila! theres your cabin air filter! (if equipped, some model equinoxes dont have it!)
Posted on Apr 01, 2009
Hiya...the cabin air filter is located below the front passenger/windshield area.
It's only accessible by standing outside the Equinox with the hood open.
Here's how to do it...(before you pop open the hood)
1) Stand outside at the front-right door area.
2) Just below the front windshield area, pull up a few small black plastic clips that's on the black windshield wiper cowl area- a small flat screwdriver or a special clip-remover tool is handy.
3) Raise the hood up.
4) There may be a triangular-shaped hard foam sound damper at the left side nearby the hood hinge...pull it off if it allow you to work around it with ease.
5) Continue to find a few black plastic clips around the black windshield wiper cowl area.
6) Gently pull up the black windshield wiper cowl cover with care not to bend it too hard during removal.
7) You should see the cabin air filter inside that's held in place by a black rectangular box inside.
8) There's 2 black tabs that holds the cabin air filter in place.
9) Insert your finger or tool to pry the cabin air filter away from the tabs.
10) Remove old cabin air filter.
Remember to reinstall the clip parts back into place when you're finished.
Posted on Apr 05, 2009
Emissions warranty is 5 year or 50K miles, but I assume the break was not a warranty item.
Most likely will be a dealer only part. Or a junk yard, but they may not want to canibalize an engine for the EGR tube.
Posted on Sep 28, 2009
well first thing you do is go the chapters indago and buy a chilton manule then you follow there step by step instructions with pictures
it's the best way i know for somone doing it for the fist time and the manule is like a bible for cars a-z it'a all in there
Posted on Jan 01, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 17, 2018 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 21, 2017 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
Sep 13, 2014 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
May 18, 2010 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
Mar 23, 2010 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
Feb 26, 2010 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
Apr 18, 2009 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
Sep 23, 2008 | 2006 Chevrolet Equinox
May 07, 2018 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
344 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!