Question about 2001 Dodge Ram 3500 Truck
If its a gas engine there iss no fuel filter, just a sock on the pump pickup
Posted on Mar 13, 2013
Here you go if it is a diesel:
A. FUEL FILTER REPLACEMENT:
The fuel filter is located inside of the fuel filter housing
1. Unscrew and remove fuel filter cap at top of fuel filter housing. To unscrew, attach tool to 6-sided hex center of cap. Do not loosen cap at outer edge. The fuel filter cap is designed to remove filter while pulling up on cap.
2. Remove O-ring from cap and discard.
3. The filter is retained to cap with little fingers. Carefully pry a couple of them off from old filter.
B. FUEL FILTER REPLACEMENT:
1. Thoroughly clean inside of filter housing, cap, etc. with clean diesel fuel
2. Fill filter housing (canister) with clean diesel fuel. NOTE: If you do not do this, you will have to manually bleed air out of system later. No fun.
3. Snap new fuel filter to bottom of cap.
4. Install new O-ring
5. Apply lihgt film of clean diesel oil to cap O-ring
6. Load filter/cap into housing.
7. Tighten cap to 25 ft. lbs. torque. Do NOT over-tighten.
Posted on Sep 14, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 24, 2016 | 2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500
Jan 01, 2016 | Dodge Cars & Trucks
Feb 02, 2013 | Dodge Ram 250 Cars & Trucks
Oct 07, 2010 | 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad Cab Laramie
Sep 26, 2010 | 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Truck
Mar 09, 2010 | 2004 Dodge Ram 3500 Truck
Jun 27, 2008 | 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Truck 2WD
577 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: