Question about 2001 Dodge Ram 3500 Truck
If its a gas engine there iss no fuel filter, just a sock on the pump pickup
Posted on Mar 13, 2013
Here you go if it is a diesel:
A. FUEL FILTER REPLACEMENT:
The fuel filter is located inside of the fuel filter housing
1. Unscrew and remove fuel filter cap at top of fuel filter housing. To unscrew, attach tool to 6-sided hex center of cap. Do not loosen cap at outer edge. The fuel filter cap is designed to remove filter while pulling up on cap.
2. Remove O-ring from cap and discard.
3. The filter is retained to cap with little fingers. Carefully pry a couple of them off from old filter.
B. FUEL FILTER REPLACEMENT:
1. Thoroughly clean inside of filter housing, cap, etc. with clean diesel fuel
2. Fill filter housing (canister) with clean diesel fuel. NOTE: If you do not do this, you will have to manually bleed air out of system later. No fun.
3. Snap new fuel filter to bottom of cap.
4. Install new O-ring
5. Apply lihgt film of clean diesel oil to cap O-ring
6. Load filter/cap into housing.
7. Tighten cap to 25 ft. lbs. torque. Do NOT over-tighten.
Posted on Sep 14, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 01, 2016 | Dodge Cars & Trucks
Feb 02, 2013 | Dodge Ram 250 Cars & Trucks
Oct 07, 2010 | 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad Cab Laramie
Sep 26, 2010 | 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Truck
Mar 09, 2010 | 2004 Dodge Ram 3500 Truck
Jun 27, 2008 | 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Truck 2WD
585 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: