Question about 2003 Ford Focus
position sensor (TPS) is located on the driver's side of the throttle body
· Remove the plastic engine cover to access the throttle body, then locate the TPS. You may be required to remove the hose that connects to the IAC valve as well as the metal bracket that mounts the plastic engine cover. You will want good access to the TPS to ensure you do not strip the screws.
· Disconnect the wiring harness that plugs into the TPS by pressing the locking tab and then pulling towards the front of the truck.
· Once removed, the TPS should pull right off the throttle body.
· To install the new TPS, position the front of the TPS at an approx. 45 degree angle downwards with the harness plug facing you, insert it into position, then twist back up until the bolt holes line up. Reinstall the bolts, using a small dab of thread locker on each to ensure they will not vibrate loose.
Posted on Oct 07, 2013
I change the tps sensor but stell do the same
Posted on Mar 15, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Please don't forget to rate!
Disconnect and remove the TP sensor from beneath the throttle body
View of the throttle position sensor mounting-4.9L, 5.0L and 5.8L MFI engines shown, others similar
Exploded view of the throttle body mounting-5.0L and 5.8L engines
Posted on Mar 06, 2010
try autozone.com to see if they have your car listed for diagrams pictures and step by step instructions if your car is not listed then try your local library they have all the car manuals and even copy them for you
Posted on Mar 21, 2009
How to Replace a Throttle Position Sensor
(DIY & Save up to $135.75 ) - Time: 2.1 hours
1. Throttle Position Sensor - $ 55.44
1. Scan Tool
1. Locate the OBD data link connector (DLC). Refer to your owner’s manual for the specific location.
3. Plug your scan tool into the OBD data link connector. Turn on the scan tool and select the appropriate steps to read the diagnostic trouble code (DTC).
Removing sensor mounting screws
8. Install the new throttle position sensor. Tighten the mounting screws and attach the electrical connector.
Check engine lightDirect OE replacement
Hope helped with this. Good luck (remember rated this help).
Posted on Nov 05, 2009
i have a f350 ps and it starts and idles but i have no throttle nothing happens when i push the pedal and the check engine light comes on
Posted on Sep 30, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 21, 2017 | 2006 Ford Focus
Sep 16, 2014 | 2009 Ford Focus
Sep 13, 2014 | 2003 Ford Focus
Aug 26, 2014 | 2010 Ford Focus 1.6
May 01, 2014 | 2005 Ford Focus
Jan 29, 2011 | 2000 Ford Focus
Jan 26, 2010 | 2003 Ford Focus
Apr 04, 2009 | 2000 Ford Focus
6,268 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: