Question about 2009 Dodge Journey
According to the owner's manual for 2009 on pages 464-65:
(1) open the liftgate
(2) remove the two fasteners from the inboard side of the taillight housing.
(3) insert a trim stick between body panel and outboard side of the taillight housing with one hand and grasp the flange on the inboard side of the taillight housing with the other. use the trim stick and hand pressure together to disengage the taillight housing from the vehicle.
(4) rotate the bulb's electrical connector 1/4 turn counterclockwise (lefty loosey) and remove it from taillight housing.
(5) remove the bulb from the connector socket and install replacement bulb.
(6) install the bulb and connector assembly into the taillight housing and rotate the connector 1/4 clockwise to lock it in place
(7) reinstall the taillight housing and fasteners.
don't be surprised if you crack a fastener or two. i hope this helps--good luck. jono
Posted on Dec 18, 2010
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
get yourself a cheap multimeter from a store like radio shack etc. with someone pressing the brake check at the socket to see if you have any power. remember it is DC volts not AC.. if you dont have any power check the grounds, there are a few, under the truck, and under the hood by the engine,if that doesn't work, you can try popping the rear covers off at the back and you might have loose wires, give a light tug on the wires and see if any pull away from the body.... look close at the bulb plug, you can also have a loose wire there or a broken ground tab... hopfully this can help you... if you have any more of a problem let me know...
Posted on Jun 09, 2009
Well once the tail gate is open and you take out the 2 screws on the light fixture . the light assembly shall pivot towards the outside of the box. some manipulating but the assembly shall come out.
The bulb needs a simple twist and pull .... Plug and play..
Posted on Apr 30, 2009
SOURCE: 2009 dodge journey...rear brake
If the e-brake cable is attached to caliper the piston is threaded. I use a very inexpensive tool i bought at the parts store . you will need to turn and press the piston at the same time. be aware that the two different sides are threaded oposite of each other.If the e-brake cable is not attached to caliperr the a c clamp should do the job.
Posted on Jan 11, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 17, 2015 | 2010 Dodge Journey
Mar 02, 2015 | 2010 Dodge Journey
May 03, 2014 | 2009 Dodge Journey
Jan 29, 2011 | 2009 Dodge Journey
Jan 04, 2011 | 2009 Dodge Journey
Nov 22, 2010 | 2009 Dodge Journey
Sep 26, 2010 | 2009 Dodge Journey
Sep 05, 2009 | 2009 Dodge Journey
Mar 08, 2009 | 2009 Dodge Journey
4,208 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: