Question about Isuzu Rodeo

1 Answer


Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has achieved Level 3.

  • Master
  • 373 Answers

No the cam pushes hydraulic lifters that open and close valves

Posted on Sep 03, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

Replace pushrods on a 1998 ford escortzx2 with dauloverhead cam

if you have duel over head cams , where would the push rods fit.
over head cams work directly onto the valve stem ends or through rocker arms onto the valve stem ends
best get a workshop manual and see how it works

Nov 03, 2016 | Ford Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Motor knock sounds like rocker arms or lifters?

If your engine is knocking the sound with be at the bottom of your oil pan but if you have lifter or rocker arm problems the sound will be at the top of your engine. One other thing you said your car has 315k it might be time to change your oil pump.

Mar 25, 2013 | Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Cars & Trucks

2 Answers

97 Isuzu Trooper loud ticking in the top end,

ist probably your rocker arms they are located underneath the valvue cover

Feb 24, 2012 | Isuzu Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

2001 Sunfire 2.2L, Car started Noise seems to coming from top of Eng . Lifters is my guess, is there anything that would make similar noise, or that I should be checking, How can I be sure it is lifters?

You make have a bad or sticking lifter, remove the valve cover and have someone tap the key, make sure to disconnect the ignition coil to avoid the engine from starting, as they tap the key you will look for the valve to close, a good way is to watch the one next to it open, when the valve is open then you will know the other is closed as there are two valves per cylinder. with the valve closed grab rocker arm and see if theres a lot of play in the direction it moves if it does then look at rocker and push rod and if those are good then you have a bad lifter. if this engine use an overhead cam then there will be no rocker arms or push rods you will need to look for any worn lobes on cam, a stethiscope would be a good tool. start engine with cover off and listen to each cylinder and pin point noise, this will get a little messy as oil will be splashing out a little but its the best way to locate the noise. poor oil flow would cause this also or a loose timing chain. i would start at the top first and look inside cover. good day.

Jun 15, 2011 | 2001 Pontiac Sunfire

1 Answer

How to adjust lifters on 94 rodeo

you can do this by removing the valve cover, start with the rocker arms loose. As you tighten them, listen for engine change, then move to the next, you might have to keep going over them until engine runs smooth. Hope this helps.

Jun 08, 2011 | 1994 Isuzu Rodeo

1 Answer

Location of Pushrods

Push rods are used on engines that do NOT have overhead cams. They are generally about 8-12 inches long, about 1/4" in diameter, and run from the cam lifters to the rockers (at the valves). There is one push rod for each valve. A V8 with 2 valves per cylinder will have 16 push rods.

Typically, you remove the valve cover, remove the rocker, and the push rod can be removed.

Mar 27, 2011 | Pontiac Montana Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Trying to look for the easiest way to inspect the pushrods and valve lifters on my 97 lincoln towncar

You dont have pushrods and lifters in that vehicle. That is an overhead cam model engine and the pushrods are done away with as the rocker arms run directly on the cam. You would have to remove the valve covers to inspect anything in there. You may also want to inspect your timing chain if you suspect something is amiss.

Feb 16, 2011 | 1997 Lincoln Town Car

1 Answer


Your car has a cam-shaft that controls the positioning of the cylinder valves.
It MAY contact the valves directly, but in most cars they are not close together.
To transmit the action of the cams to the valves they might have used rocker arms and lengths of metal. Those lengths of metal are called lifters.
An improved version uses a tube filled with oil and are called hydraulic lifters.

Jan 18, 2011 | Ford Taurus Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Where are the lifters & how do you change them

The are inside the head. Best way to access them is to remove the valve cover and you will seem the cams, rocker arms, and under the rocker arms are the hydraulic lifters. Just a fyi if you remove a lifter make sure you put it back in the same spot. Label everything you take apart!!!

Jan 13, 2011 | 1995 Toyota Camry

1 Answer

Whats is tourqe for the lifter bolts

This vehicle uses hydraulic "lifters" and dual overhead cams, so "lifter bolts" doesn't compute. Can you rephrase what you're looking for?

Jun 28, 2009 | 1994 Cadillac Seville

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

128 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Isuzu Experts


Level 3 Expert

80637 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers

Thomas Perkins
Thomas Perkins

Level 3 Expert

14417 Answers

Are you an Isuzu Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides