Water pump is Timing belt driven. It is below the Camshaft sprocket, in the timing case. If you want to repair/replace it here are the instructions.
- Using the drain plug, drain the coolant.
- Remove the drive belt and the engine coolant pump pulley.
- Remove the timing belt cover, the auto tensioner and idler pulley.
- Remove the water outlet fitting, the thermostat case and the water pump fitting.
- Remove the engine coolant pump mounting bolts.
- Remove the engine coolant pump assembly from the cylinder block.
- Check the engine coolant Water pump for cracks, damage or wear, and replace the pump assembly if necessary.
- Check the bearing for damage, abnormal noise and sluggish rotation and replace the pump assembly if necessary.
- Check the seal it for leaks and replace the pump assembly if necessary.
- Clean the gasket surfaces of the engine coolant pump body and the cylinder block.
- Install the new engine coolant pump gasket and pump assembly. Tighten the bolts to the specified torque. Tightening torque
Engine coolant pump bolt:
Head mark "7": 17 - 22 Nm(170 - 220 kg.cm, 12 - 16 ft. lbs.)
- Install the water pump fitting, the thermostat case and the water outlet fitting.
- Install the auto tensioner and timing belt. Adjust the timing belt tension, then install the timing belt cover.
- Install the drive belt, coolant pump pulley and then adjust the auto tensioner.
- Refill the coolant.
- Run the engine and check for leaks.
Courtesy All Data LLC
© 2015 ALLDATA LLC. All rights reserved. Terms and Condit