Question about 2003 Dodge Caravan
P0206 - Cylinder 6 Injector Circuit Malfunction
This code means that the PCM detected a fault in the injector or the wiring to the injector. It monitors the injector and when the injector is activated, the PCM expects to see the voltage pulled "low" or close to zero. When the injector is switched off, the PCM expects to see a voltage that is close to battery voltage or "high". If it doesn't see the expected voltage the PCM will set this code. The PCM also monitors resitance in the circuit. If the resistance is excessively low or high it will set this code.
Potential Symptoms: The symptoms for this code will likely be a misfire and a rough running engine. Poor acceleration. The MIL will also be illuminated.
Causes: The causes of a P0206 engine light code could be any of the following:
* Bad injector. This is usually the cause of this code but doesn't rule out the possibility of one of the other causes
* Open in the wiring to the injector
* Short in the wiring to the injector
* Bad PCM
1. First, using a DVOM check the resistance of the injector. If it isn't within specs, then replace the injector.
2. Check for voltage at the fuel injector connector. It should have 10 volts or more.
3. Visually check the connector for damage or broken wires.
4. Visually check the injector for damage.
5. If you have access to an injector tester, activate the injector and see if it operates. If the injector operates, then you likely have either an open in the wiring, or a blocked injector. If you do not have access to a tester, swap the injector with another one and see if the code changes. If the code changes, then change the injector.
6. At the PCM, remove the driver wire from the PCM connector and Ground the wire. (Make sure you have the correct wire. If you're not sure, do not attempt) The injector should activate
7. Replace the injector
Hope this helps to solve it.
Posted on Sep 02, 2010
Hi! You may not need to reprogram the ESU if you gonna put a replacement. It will relearn itself and resolve the problem. Hope this helps and thank you for using FixYa!
Posted on Sep 02, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 14, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Jun 29, 2014 | 2000 Nissan Xterra
Apr 19, 2013 | 2009 Kia Carnival 2.5
Jul 25, 2011 | 2003 Dodge Caravan
Jul 26, 2010 | 2000 Dodge Intrepid
Jan 23, 2009 | 2003 Chrysler Sebring
252 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: