Question about 2006 Ford Escape
To access the cabin air filter you will need a philips and a flathead screwdriver. Also turn on the key and allow the windshield wiper to travel to the top of its arc and turn off the key to position the wiper out of the way.
Open the hood; On the passenger side at the top of the firewall is the plastic cover plate for the filter.
1. Remove the four caps from the windshield side of the cover plate.
2. Remove the four screws.
3. Remove the four fittings from the opposite side of the cover plate.
4. Remove the cover plate.
5. You should now see the rain shield; remove it by pulling up and out.
6. Remove the filter from the housing and install the new one.
7. Reinstall the rain shield, making sure you are careful to match up the three clips on top of the shield to the three indentations in the sheet metal and then reattach the cover plate.
The whole thing should not take more than 5-10 minutes.
God bless and good luck.
If you have found this helpful, positive feedback is always greatly appreciated.
Posted on Sep 02, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 05, 2016 | 2006 Chevrolet Chevrolet Malibu
Apr 06, 2015 | 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer Ext
Feb 17, 2015 | 2006 Ford Escape XLT
Dec 21, 2014 | 2011 Ford Ranger XLT
Jun 21, 2014 | 2006 Ford Escape
Jun 22, 2011 | 2006 Ford Escape
Feb 12, 2011 | 2006 Audi A6
Oct 09, 2009 | 2006 Toyota Corolla
May 17, 2009 | 2005 Ford Escape
Nov 26, 2008 | 2006 Honda Accord
209 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!