Question about 2000 Chevrolet Impala
Hi Twila, You can check out the link below for more information or take your registration papers with your licence (licence is to prove YOU own the car) to a car dealer ie: Holden, Ford, Chrysler and ask at the sales office for the RADIO SECURITY PIN NUMBER, You'll receive your Radio security pin number and Radio serial number. These numbers belong to your car and once you have them DON'T loose them because in Australia some dealers charge a fee and some don't.... Hope this helped....CHEERS..https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=RADIO+SECURITY+PIN+NUMBER
Posted on May 11, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Radios in the 2004 Impalas are tied to the vehicle's VIN through the computer, so it may be somewhat difficult to get the code. However, the following steps should work:
1. Press and hold the buttons for presets 1 & 4 (may be 2 & 3). The word "SEC" should show.
2. Press the "MIN" button. "000" should be displayed.
3. Press the "MIN" button again to have the second two numbers appear. Record these numbers.
4. Press the "HR" button for the first two numbers to appear. Record these numbers. -- Note: Your number sequence should be the numbers from the "HR" button followed by the numbers from the "MIN" button.
5. Call 1-800-537-5140. This will get you to the GM unlock code automated line. Ignore the prompt and enter "202108#". Next enter your code (remember, HR then MIN) followed by the * key. For example, 1234*. A 3 or 4 digit code will be given to you. If you get a code such as 0532, drop the zero when entering it into your radio.
6. Enter the code into the radio IAW the applicable manual.
Posted on May 30, 2008
• A module which communicates on the class 2 serial data circuit which supplies VIN information to the radio is replaced and not properly setup with the correct VIN information for that vehicle. The only way to unlock the radio is by using a scan tool.
Posted on May 15, 2009
How to Reset GM Theft lock Radio's
Article Disclaimer: This article is meant to be used by Delco Radio owners to reset there radios. In no way is it meant to be used for any unethical or unlawful ways.
The following instructions will allow you to reset any GM (General Motors), Cadillac, Oldsmobile, Buick, Pontiac theft lock radio.
The theft lock radio must be in "LOC" mode.
1. Turn the ignition ON (The radio should display "LOC")
2. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds
3. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. You now have fifteen seconds to complete the next step.
4. Press the AM/FM button
5. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one
6. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05
7. Call 1-800-537-5140
8. Press 1 then # (pound). You'll hear "Invalid Code, try again"
9. Press 139010 or 106010 or 206010 or 202107 then # (pound). You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by *
10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then *
11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice
12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11
14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to "SEC". Your radio is now "un-locked" and usable.
If you fail to enter the correct code eight times, the radio goes into INOP mode. You have to wait an hour with the ignition on before the radio returns to LOC mode.
To Read the original article or read similar articles please visit kingbain.com/how-to/unlock-gm-theftlock-radio-s
Good luck (remmeber comment and rated this).
Posted on May 05, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 08, 2013 | 2001 Chevrolet Impala
Mar 29, 2012 | 2002 Chevrolet Impala
Feb 25, 2011 | 2004 Chevrolet Impala
Feb 25, 2011 | 2000 Chevrolet Impala
May 10, 2009 | 2000 Chevrolet Silverado
Apr 26, 2009 | 2005 Chevrolet Impala
Oct 28, 2008 | 2005 Chevrolet Impala
1,081 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!