not a valve, but a lifter. I will paste procedure below. You judge if you can do it or not. Recommend you replace them all while you're in there. If you let this go, the lifter will wear out the camshaft. Lifters are $22 each, and you have 8 of them. You will also need a new valve cover gasket.
Please let me know if you have questions, and thanks for using FixYa.
See Figures 6, 7, 8 and 9
Do not use any abrasive grinding discs to remove gasket material. Use a plastic manual gasket scraper to remove the gasket residue. Be careful not to scratch or gouge the aluminum sealing surfaces when cleaning them.
- Disconnect the engine air cleaner-to-valve cover hose from the cover by compressing the hose clamp with pliers and sliding the clamp back, then separate the hose from the cover.
- Remove the spark plug wire separators from the valve cover and set the wire assemblies aside.
- Unfasten the three valve cover retaining bolts.
- Remove the valve cover and gasket from the cylinder head.
- Remove the old gasket material from the cylinder head and valve cover mating surfaces.
Fig. Fig. 6: Remove the spark plug wire separators from the valve cover
Fig. Fig. 7: Compress the engine air cleaner-to-valve cover hose clamp with pliers, and slide the clamp back ...
Fig. Fig. 8: ... then disconnect the hose from the valve cover
Fig. Fig. 9: Unfasten the valve cover retainers and remove the valve cover-2.0L SOHC engine
If removing more than one valve lifter (tappet), mark the lifters and their locations as they must be installed in their original bores.
- Remove the rocker arm(s).
- Unfasten the lifter guide plate retainer.
- Remove the guide plate and the lifter.
Make sure the lifter guide plate retainer tabs are towards the rear of the cylinder head, and the lifter guide plate tabs are towards the front of the cylinder head.
- The oil feed hole in the lifter must face away from the oil feed hole in the cylinder head.
- Lubricate the lifter(s) with clean 5W-30 engine oil and install them in their original bores.
Do not use any sealer with a silicone type gasket.
- Install the lifter guide plate and tighten the retainer.
- Install the rocker arms.
- Install a new gasket and the valve cover.
- Install and tighten the valve cover retainers to 71-97 inch lbs. (8-11.5 Nm).
- Attach the spark plug wire separators to the cylinder head.
- Connect the engine air cleaner-to-valve cover hose and engage the hose clamp