Question about 2002 Dodge Stratus
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You need to do a fuel pressure check.. You will need a special fuel gauge and the appropriate fittings and adapters are needed to properly test the fuel pressure.
1. Relieve the fuel pressure.
Remove the fuel pump relay form the Power Distribution Center (PDC) Start the engine and run until it stalls. attempt restating the engine until it will no longer run. Turn the ignition key off. Disconnect the cable from the negative battery terminal. Replace the fuel pump relay in the PDC. Any if you get any trouble codes at this time you will need to see a shop to have them cleared.
2. Disconnect the quick-connect fuel line fitting fuel gauge into the fuel line using the appropriate T-fitting and adapters.
3. Start the engine and check the pressure on the gauge, your reading should be 49 PSI with the pressure with the engine idling.
4. if the fuel pressure is not 49 PSI:
1) if fuel pressure is higher you could have a pinched of clogged fuel return hose of pipe. if the line is not obstructed check the fuel pressure regulator.
2) if fuel pressure is lower check the fuel filter, look for a pinched of clogged fuel hose between the tank and the fuel rail. check the pressure regulator for malfunctions. Look for leaks in the fuel line.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Jan 16, 2009
SOURCE: Won't Start.
These trucks have a problem with the catalytic convertor blocking the exhaust causing a no start condition, the three things you need to start fuel, spark and air. Try disconnecting exhaust in front of cat.
Posted on Jan 26, 2009
You said you have fuel flowing from the inlet line of the injection pump? But not at the injector lines?
Posted on May 05, 2009
You have fuel runback.Replace the injector leak off pipes then try.If this does not work then have a non return valve fitted to your fuel supply pipe close as possible to the punp.Hope that was helpfull good luck.
Posted on Aug 01, 2009
can you get codes checked. if it is p0320 it is crank sensor. it sounds like crank sensor ,but check to see if that code is stored
Posted on Aug 18, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 03, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 20, 2017 | Dodge Cars & Trucks
Sep 05, 2011 | 2001 Dodge Stratus
Jul 24, 2010 | 2002 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
Dec 11, 2009 | 1987 Dodge D150
Dec 02, 2009 | Dodge Pickup Cars & Trucks
Mar 04, 2009 | 1999 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup
108 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: