Question about 2005 Chrysler Crossfire

1 Answer

I ordered a 2nd key for my 2005 crossfire that i bought used. of course they only had 1 key. my local dealer ordered a new key by using the vin number. after 5 weeks & $135.00, the key does not work in my car. it is cut different than my original key. they tell me that i have to send my only key to germany to have another key made. no way i'm letting my only key for the car out of my sight. are there any other options for me to obtain a 2nd key for my crossfire??

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Brigadier General:

    An expert that has over 10,000 points.

  • Master
  • 3,092 Answers

Go have a key cut at a locksmith, even if it would start you car , due to anti-theft, and give them that one, to make a good key, just an idea..

Posted on Aug 30, 2010

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

Lost imobilzer key for Suzuki ignus 2002..can u bypass

no, in fact that is its main purpose to , not allow that.
the operators guide tells you that fact.
lost it?
never have a car with only 1 key, and win, save big money
the first time you get stuck, and doing so can be very dangerous.

Aug 24, 2016 | Suzuki Cars & Trucks

2 Answers

I replaced the steering column on 07 pontiac g5 now the anti theft is on and i don't have my remote cuz i lost the keys and used column only has the key what do i do

The reason your anti-theft is active is the new column has a different key than your original. The chip that is in the key is different than the one that is suppose to go to your vehicle. You need to order a new lock cylinder from your local GM dealer for your VIN number.

May 28, 2015 | 2007 Pontiac G5

1 Answer

Can the 2005 Chrysler Crossfire chirp the siren on remote door lock?

yes you can disable this see the local auto leck buy or the dealer

Dec 04, 2014 | 2005 Chrysler Crossfire

1 Answer

2005 Dodge Neon won't start - code says key doesn't match VIN

I think you are getting the runaround from the "dealers" you are consulting. You need to find a competent mechanic who will do some diagnostic work to isolate the real cause of the no-start problem and fix it.

Jan 10, 2014 | 2005 Dodge Neon

1 Answer

I lost the keys to my car how can I start it

Fortunately, you 1991 Dodge Shadow is not equipped with keys that have computer chips. Getting new keys made will not be very expensive. I would recommend contacting your local Dodge dealer or locksmith to have new keys made. They can cut new keys by using the VIN. This cannot be done online.

Apr 06, 2012 | LG WM Washing Machines

2 Answers

I just bought a used 2001 jetta gls, but the previous owner only had the valet key. What do I need to do to get a keyless remote/key made?

go to the dealer with the vehicle. they can make you one by the V.I.N. (vehicle identification number.) it may cost upwards of $100

Jan 02, 2010 | 2001 Volkswagen Jetta TDI

2 Answers

I lost my key what can i do to get another?

Call the dealer.. They can make a key with the VIN # as long as the car is registered in your name..

Nov 11, 2009 | 1986 Toyota MR2

2 Answers

My daughter lost the key with the chip in it. is there any way to get a replacement key without having to have the whole ignition system rekeyed

yes, the best thing to do is go back to the dealer ship where you bought the car, if you cant get back thier, go to an other local chevrolet dealer ship, they can reorder you a key using the vin # on your car straight from the factory. it will cost you about 100-200 dollars though.

Nov 11, 2009 | 2001 Chevrolet Impala

Not finding what you are looking for?
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Logo

Related Topics:

326 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Chrysler Experts


Level 3 Expert

74945 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22095 Answers

Jeff Turcotte
Jeff Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

7697 Answers

Are you a Chrysler Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides