Question about 2007 Mazda 3

2 Answers

There is a part on the bottom of my car that connects the engine to a different part on the bottom. It is supposed to help hold the engine in place and is shaped like a slightly curved bar. I just need to know the name of it, like if I wanted to try and find the part to order it.

Posted by on


2 Answers

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Mazda Master
  • 8,516 Answers

I would say it's part of the lower motor mount bracketry. this is not a part that is available in the aftermarket. Recommend you ask the dealer to look it up in his diagrams.

Posted on Aug 30, 2010

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.

  • Expert
  • 144 Answers

What you're describing sounds like it could be one of the motor mounts.
Hope that helps.

Posted on Aug 30, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

What is causing loud knocking?

If you went off the road and the snow jammed into the engine compartment look for something bent and striking when the engine is on. If you find nothing bent or broken and the noise is coming from inside the engine you may have a bent valve or connecting rod. When an engine is abruptly stopped thing can get damaged. Take a wood shaft like a broom handle and place it near the bottom of the engine when running on the block and place you hand on the end of it and then place your ear on your hand and lesion for a knock. If in the bottom could be a bent connecting rod or also called a piston rod. If noise is in the top more likely and bent valve and the engine may run rough. If you not sure have a mechanic lesion to it. You can consult your repair manual for further test. Good luck.

Mar 06, 2016 | 2000 Chevrolet Blazer

1 Answer

I have a 2002 Nissan Altma and had to replace the Passenger side door handle. The problem i have is the connecting rod to door handle fell down in the door and i did not see how it was connected at th

Difficult to put in words so my best advice is go to Nissan Parts dept and ask them to print you an exploded diagram of the internal door mech parts as you may need to order some clips etc... most parts guys will do this.
The diagram will make the job easy for you

Feb 20, 2012 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Putting an oil pump on my 1997 ford escort and everything has lined up and are tight in the places they are supposed to but there is a gap at the bottom of oil pump that was not there what can i do to get...

As you know there should be no gap. Are you sure you got the right oil pump. Alot of pumps like alike, but have small differences that don't let them fit on other engines.

Apr 17, 2011 | 1997 Ford Escort

1 Answer

Need to know how many bolts hold the trans to the motor

On most fords there is 11 . but there are differant lengths so make sure they go back in the right place . 2 on the top 2 on the bottom 4 on the side with the started and 3 on the other side . This is a general answer becauue didn't mention make model or engine . hope this helps

Mar 12, 2011 | Ford F-150 Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

How to replace cam position sensor on a 2002 isuzu rodeo 2.2 engine

the sensor is under the timing belt cover at the top of the engine. If you are looking at the engine you'll see a black strip covering your spark plugs, your electrical connection on the camshaft position sensor is under there go ahead and disconnect the sensor. Next is the removal of the timing belt cover. You will need to take the bolts holding the cover in place they will hold it all the way down to the bottom of the engine. The bolt in the center top section is actually the bolt holding the sensor in place inside the engine so you will need to look and see how to maneuver the sensor out after the bolt is removed. Replace with new sensor and replace bolts. Plug electrical connector into the top of the sensor and replace spark plug cover. You are now done. have a good day !! 2.2 engine,

Feb 26, 2011 | Isuzu Rodeo Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

How to change the alternator on my 2000 grand voagear

This is for a 3.3L motor
Hope this helps, it it does please leave feedback and vote Thank You and Good Luck


  1. Release hood latch and open hood.
Removal/Installation of Battery Cables 81929864

  1. Disconnect battery negative cable.
  2. Remove windshield wiper housing, refer to the Windshield Wipers and Washers for proper procedures.
  3. Remove accessory drive belt.
Generator Mounting Bracket 81929870

  1. Remove bolt holding top of generator mount bracket to engine air intake plenum.
  2. Remove bolts holding outside of generator mount bracket to generator mount plate.
  3. Remove bolt holding top of generator to mount bracket.
  4. Remove generator mount bracket from vehicle.
  5. Rotate generator toward rear dash panel.
Generator 81929868

  1. Disconnect the push-in field wire connector . from back of generator.
  2. Remove nut holding B+ wire terminal to back of generator.
  3. Separate B+ terminal from generator.
Generator Pivot Bolt 81929871

  1. Remove bolt holding bottom of generator to lower pivot bracket.
Generator 81929872

  1. Remove generator from vehicle

  1. Place generator in position on vehicle.
  2. Install bolt to hold bottom of generator to lower pivot bracket.
  3. Place B+ terminal in position on generator.
  4. Install nut to hold B+ wire terminal to back of generator.
  5. Connect the push-in field wire connector into back of generator.
  6. Rotate generator forward away from dash panel.
  7. Place generator mount bracket in position on vehicle.
  8. Install bolt to hold top of generator to mount bracket.
  9. Install bolts to hold outside of generator mount bracket to generator mount plate.
  10. Install bolt to hold top of generator mount bracket to engine air intake plenum.
  11. Install accessory drive belt.
  12. Install windshield wiper housing, refer to the Windshield Wipers and Washers for proper procedures.
  13. Connect battery negative cable.
  14. Verify generator charge rate.

Jan 02, 2011 | 2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager

2 Answers

I have no spark and no fuel. I have replaced with new the following:magnetic pick-up coil,module,cap and rotor,and ecm. I have cleaned all grounds to engine and tryed a different 2-wire connection between...

Hello! The ignition control module is defective. It is located inside the distributor, under the rotor...If there is no spark injectors are off...

The ICM is a flat black rectangular shape with 2 screws holding in place...2 connectors out of the bottom and 1 out of the top; Cost around $45...Inspect and clean all connectors.


Jan 21, 2010 | 1991 Chevrolet S-10

2 Answers

Thermostat location and replacement

Ok, I will ty to help ya.  This is pretty simple.  First pop your hood open.  Make sure your engine is cool or you can and will get burned!!! Take the cap off of the radiator.  Under the car on the bottom side of the radiator, to the passenger side I believe is a plug.  Get yourself something ***Clean*** to hold the antifreeze in.  It has to hold a few gallons.  Make sure it is clean if you want to reuse the antifreeze.  If you can not find a plug, take the bottom hose off.  Drain the antifreeze.  Next, look on top of the radiator.  There should be a big hose going from the top of the radiator to the engine.  Follow it.  It should be connected to a metal water inlet that is bolted to the engine.  Take that end of the hose off.  Unbolt the water inlet from the engine.  inside is your thermostat.  ***Make sure you note which way the thermostat sits in there.*** As is you install the new one backwards, it will not work.  After you have your new thermostat in place, use some sealant and place the inlet back on the engine.  Tighten the bolts down.  Reconnect your upper hose.  Put you bottom hose or drain plug, whichever you used, back together.  Refill your radiator with antifreeze.  Chances are it will not all fit.  you may need to run your engine for a few seconds to get it circulating.  Put you cap back on and drive the car a few miles to get it warmed up.  Come back and let the car cool off.  Open the cap and make sure it is full and you are done.  I know it is lengthy, but it is pretty simple.  Hope it helps and please don't forget to rate!

Mar 04, 2009 | 1995 Ford Escort

1 Answer

Remove fuse 120a

You cannot change the fuse the way that you are trying. You need to loosen all of the bolts that holds the fuse box to the inner fender, and then observe the sides of the box, there are tabs that allow the exterior/bottom of the box to be pulled DOWN. After the box bottom is released, the 120 Amp fuse is accessible.
Hope this helps.

Dec 07, 2008 | 2004 Toyota Solara

Not finding what you are looking for?
2007 Mazda 3 Logo

Related Topics:

110 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Mazda Experts


Level 3 Expert

76630 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22219 Answers

Jeff Turcotte
Jeff Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

8514 Answers

Are you a Mazda Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides