Question about 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe
A door panel removal tool works best, but if you have a stiff putty
knife about 4" long and 1 1/4" wide it will work if you are careful.
Start at the bottom of the panel and work your way around. Insert the
blade all the way in between the panel and the door with the edge of
the blade right next to the plastic fastener. Then pull the tool handle
away from the door slowly. It will take a bit of pressure to get the
first one or two clips to release.
The other steps I follow to remove this panel are as follows:
1. Remove the screw in the trim behind the door handle and then remove the trim piece.
2. Remove the door release cable from the handle.
3. Remove the door handle mounting bolts and then remove the handle.
4. Remove the three door panel mounting screws: 2 on the back edge of the panel and 1 in the door pull cup.
5. Separate the panel edges from the door. (see above) Lift the panel up starting with the back edge first to free the top lip of the panel from the door.
6. Disconnect the electrical connectors from the switches and light. (You may need a very small flat blade screw driver to depress the locking tabs on the switch connectors.)
plz rate this solution as i have a whole page of unrated posts, thanks
Posted on Aug 29, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 25, 2015 | 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe
Oct 12, 2014 | 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe
Jan 02, 2014 | Hyundai Santa Fe Cars & Trucks
May 27, 2011 | 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe
May 24, 2011 | 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe
Nov 21, 2010 | 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe
Jun 13, 2009 | 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe
Mar 18, 2009 | 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited
Dec 13, 2008 | 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe
Nov 23, 2016 | 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe
3,214 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!