Question about 1993 Nissan NX
The instructions to remove /replace clutch cable is as follows:---
1) Disconnect and remove the batter out.
2) The clutch cable connects to the clutch at the forward on the drivers side of the engine.
3) Remove the lower dash panel, the large plastic piece that goes under the steering wheel. This will give you more room, and is easy; there are four Phillips head screws at the corners.
4) Now unhook the fork at the other end of the cable from the pedal . With the clutch pedal undepressed, you can access the cable fork with your left hand.
5) The cable ends in a 'fork' that hooks over a lever going to the clutch.You should be able to reach the fork with your index and middle fingers. It hooks on a notch at the top of the pedal, similar to the notch at the other end on the clutch lever.
6) cable goes through the firewall, from the engine side on the far right upper corner of the firewall. It goes into a 'diamond' shaped metal housing, held by 2 12mm nuts, and then to the pedal.
7) There's a rubber stopper that goes into this metal housing, and if you pull that out the cable should come right out.
8) The cable routes between some thin metal tubes and is held in place by a little bracket that it will pop out from. Take note of how it routes between these tubes, and carefully pull the cable out. It should now be free of everything.
9) Install the cable in reverse procedure.
10) Once the cable's in place, adjust the cable length by turning the large knob on the clutch end of the cable. Tighten it on to shorten the length, and once it's far enough that it's becoming difficult to go further, tighten the nut down. You should be ready to go.
Thanks. Keep updated for any more query. You can rate this solution
and show your appreciation.
Posted on Aug 29, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 14, 2016 | Nissan Cars & Trucks
Mar 06, 2015 | 1996 Nissan 200SX
Dec 01, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 07, 2011 | 1996 Nissan Sentra
Dec 30, 2010 | 1993 Nissan 240SX
Nov 05, 2009 | 2000 Nissan Maxima
Apr 02, 2009 | 1993 Nissan Altima
Mar 21, 2009 | 1993 Nissan 240SX
Jun 24, 2014 | 1993 Nissan NX
450 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: