Question about 2000 Jaguar S-Type

1 Answer

Hi, I have a plastic panel under the car which is bowing and scrapes on bumps. What would be the correct name for the part?

Posted by on

  • ide0 Aug 28, 2010

    Thanks for that. I think we may have a differnet name for it over here in the UK as I cannot find it on the equivalent Jag site?!



1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Jaguar Master
  • 8,567 Answers

Often called dust shield or splash guard. Keeps road debris out of engine. #6 below is called "Lower Cover" at
1) Upper tie bar 2) Lower reinf 3) Mount bracket Mount bracket Back 4) Sight shield 5) Sight shield Clip 6) Lower cover 7) Engine cradleHi, I have a plastic panel under the car which is - c0a5d87.gif

Posted on Aug 28, 2010

Testimonial: "Very quick and helpful thanks"


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Plastic piece under front bumper bent back & dragging on ground

Hi, I'm glad to help!

What your describing is a dust cover and if it want bend back correctly then cut it off or replace it are your only 2 options. Hope this helps and have an awesome day.

Feb 27, 2013 | 2004 Toyota Solara

1 Answer

Loud scraping noise coming from the front of van

plastic splash guard or wheel well coming loose.

Could be something more serious. What do you see under there when you look?

Dec 13, 2012 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Scraping sound from under front end when going over bumps

I have the same issue. My dealer can't seem to find what the case is. It happens when the temp is below 40 degrees.

Nov 21, 2010 | 2008 Chevrolet Equinox

1 Answer

My cover under the car came loose and is scape

it is called a splash shield. It is attached with plastic clips. Just pull hard and it will come off.

May 10, 2010 | 1987 Honda Civic

1 Answer

When hitting bumps, knocking sounds from under car.

are you scraping? or do you have stuff in the trunk such as weights or something heavy that can be moving around? ..a body perhaps.. ;)

Apr 26, 2010 | 1992 Toyota Camry V6

1 Answer

The front bumper has a piece that gets caught on every speed bump and every curb even when coming into a moderately steep inclined drive it scrapes, how can I fix this.

I put a nylon skid block on one off a skateboard, your other options are , Higher profile tyres, taller springs, a proper skid plate or taking all kerbs and speed bumps at a sharper angle not square on.
Have a look on youtube at my vid " MGF getting stuck" and you will see an extreme example of your problem. This guy on second attempt actually made it under his own power by taking a sharper angle.
Hope this helps

Mar 21, 2010 | 2000 Volkswagen GTI

3 Answers

My 94 ford mustang is making a scraping sound when

There are many things to try. Check your balljoints, shock towers and springs. Recheck how you hung the brake calipers. The hoses can go two ways, only 1 is correct.

If no luck look at motor mounts and check fan shroud for blade clearance. Check pulleys. Then move rearward to heat shields, exhaust pipe and gas tank. Then look at the frame.

Look for scrapes and shiny spots underneath the car and check the driveshaft for bad joints. Thats about all I have for you.

Mar 20, 2010 | 1994 Ford Mustang

2 Answers

What causes fuel system to shutdown where is the fuse locateed under hood

Are you sure it is not the fuel pump in the tank? Otherwise there is a fuse for it in the vehicle in the fuse panel. Your owners manual will tell you the number and name of it.

Feb 09, 2010 | 1997 Ford Explorer AWD

1 Answer

Scraped arock and damaged some sort of fuel module

is it a black plastic square shaped box. if so it is call the evap canister.

Jan 06, 2010 | 2007 GMC Sierra 3500HD

1 Answer

Scraping sound

check to see if the shields on the rotors are very close to the rotors themselves. if very close, any bearing play may be allowing contact between the two. Also check the driveshaft for any contact marks...could be that when suspension is moving, shaft may be contacting a shield on exhaust or something else under the car. Try to isolate location when it happens as you drive...even a guess is better than nothing.

Mar 10, 2009 | 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Not finding what you are looking for?
2000 Jaguar S-Type Logo

Related Topics:

184 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Jaguar Experts

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22246 Answers


Level 3 Expert

76846 Answers


Level 2 Expert

489 Answers

Are you a Jaguar Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides