Question about Dodge Ram 50
Check out if the brake light comes on when you press the brake pedal.If brake light not coming ON then the brake switch and its connections needs to be checked.
There are some possibilities which you
will have to check in this case:--
1) First of all check the power and voltage to the battery. With meter it will show exact 12 volt if the battery is charged. If the voltage is less get the battery charged at local auto repair shop. If the battery is internally drained and not getting charged then its time to replace the battery.
2) When you crank the car do you see spark coming at the spark plug? If no then its time to check the spark plugs and coil pack. If the spark plugs are not worn out and looks new then its time to check coil pack. The spark plug gets power to spark from coil pack.
3) The other thing to check in this case is the starter solenoid of the car. If the battery is charged and you start the car then it gives power to the starter to start the car. But if starter is faulty or not connected properly then car will not start.
4) The other thing to check in this case is fuel in the car. If there is fuel in the car then check the blockages in the fuel pump if the fuel pump looks proper then check the fuel filter above the fuel pump.
5) If all the above possibilities mentioned above checked out OK/perfect then it’s a electrical issue and the wiring's in the car needs to be checked. The car gets power from the battery to get started. so the wires from battery needs to be checked one by one.
6) Also if the car starts but misses and runs very bad this indicates that an ignition coil or spark plug may be failing or a fuel injector may be failing. Also check in the gas tank .Is the car running out of gas. Check if car is running out of gas or low on gas , dirt in the bottom of the fuel tank, clogged fuel filter, and clogged injectors. Replace fuel filter and pour a bottle of fuel injector cleaner in the gas tank.
Thanks. Keep updated for any more query. You can rate this solution and show your appreciation.
Posted on Aug 27, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 13, 2017 | 2001 Dodge Dakota
Feb 03, 2016 | Dodge Cars & Trucks
Jan 06, 2016 | 1998 Dodge Dakota
Dec 26, 2015 | Dodge Cars & Trucks
Dec 21, 2015 | 1999 Dodge Durango
Jan 08, 2014 | 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Club Cab
Jun 28, 2011 | 1987 Dodge Ram 50
Sep 29, 2010 | 2002 Dodge Ram Maxi
Apr 04, 2010 | 1995 Dodge Neon
45 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: