Question about 2003 Toyota Tundra
The igniton module controls the coils and the engine computer controls the engine module
It sounds like one of these two are at fault
Posted on Aug 28, 2010
There are some possibilities which you
will have to check in this case:--
1) First of all check the power and voltage to the battery. With meter it will show exact 12 volt if the battery is charged. If the voltage is less get the battery charged at local auto repair shop. If the battery is internally drained and not getting charged then its time to replace the battery.
2) When you crank the car do you see spark coming at the spark plug? If no then its time to check the spark plugs and coil pack. If the spark plugs are not worn out and looks new then its time to check coil pack. The spark plug gets power to spark from coil pack.
3) The other thing to check in this case is the starter solenoid of the car. If the battery is charged and you start the car then it gives power to the starter to start the car. But if starter is faulty or not connected properly then car will not start.
4) The other thing to check in this case is fuel in the car. If there is fuel in the car then check the blockages in the fuel pump if the fuel pump looks proper then check the fuel filter above the fuel pump.
5) If all the above possibilities mentioned above checked out OK/perfect then it’s a electrical issue and the wiring's in the car needs to be checked. The car gets power from the battery to get started. so the wires from battery needs to be checked one by one.
The car starts but misses and runs very bad this indicates that an ignition coil or spark plug may be failing or a fuel injector may be failing. Also check in the gas tank .Is the car running out of gas. Check if car is running out of gas or low on gas , dirt in the bottom of the fuel tank, clogged fuel filter, and clogged injectors. Replace fuel filter and pour a bottle of fuel injector cleaner in the gas tank. If all the possibilities are checked and replaced ok, then yes it can be wire harness or the computer issue.
Thanks. Keep updated for any more query. You can rate this solution and show your appreciation.
Posted on Aug 27, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 22, 2016 | 2001 Toyota Tundra
Jan 06, 2016 | 2003 Dodge Neon
May 28, 2015 | 2007 Toyota Tundra
Sep 06, 2014 | 2007 Toyota Tundra
Feb 19, 2014 | 2007 Toyota Tundra
Nov 25, 2013 | 2005 Toyota Tundra SR5
Oct 28, 2013 | Toyota Cars & Trucks
Mar 25, 2013 | 2007 Toyota Tundra
Apr 15, 2009 | 2003 Toyota Tundra
52 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: