Question about 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe
P0102 - Mass Air Flow (MAF) Circuit Low Input
Basically this means that there is a problem with the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor or circuit. A more technical description would be that the MAF circuit had lower than expected voltage (air flow). Other MAF sensor circuit DTC trouble codes are P0100, P0101, P0103, and P0104.
Symptoms: You will likely not notice any serious drivability problems, although there may be symptoms such as a general decrease in power or sluggishness.
Causes: A code P0102 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:
* The MAF may be disconnected, or a wiring connection may be bad
* The MAF may be dirty or otherwise contaminated (Note: if you use a reusable oiled air filter, be careful not to apply too much oil or that can contaminate the MAF).
* The MAF sensor may be faulty
* The vehicle computer may be faulty (very rare)
Possible Solutions: The simplest thing to do is to reset the code and see if it comes back. Then start with the cheapest, easiest repair procedures:
* Verify that the Mass Air Flow Sensor wiring is connected properly and that there are no broken / frayed wires.
* Inspect for any air leaks near the MAF sensor.
* Take the MAF out and clean it using a spray cleaner such as brake cleaner or electrical contact cleaner. Be gentle with the sensor.
* Check the voltage of the MAF sensor (refer to a repair manual for vehicle specific information)
* Replace the MAF sensor.
Si necesita trducirlo, use este ENLACE y pegue el texto en el recuadro.
Espero que esto le sirva de ayuda (recuerde calificar esta respuesta).
Posted on Aug 26, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 15, 2013 | 2005 Jeep Liberty
Jul 25, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Sep 16, 2011 | 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt
Mar 04, 2011 | 1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager
Aug 27, 2010 | 1993 Buick LeSabre
Aug 26, 2010 | 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Aug 11, 2010 | 2007 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer
Sep 19, 2009 | 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe
Aug 02, 2009 | 2001 Hyundai Accent
Apr 02, 2017 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe
861 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: